Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey77

Single Axel to 2 Pirce Axel Conversion

I own a pair of 2008 Vector 10.0s with the sigle axle system that came with the skates. Even when using loc-tite as suggested, I cannot get the axels to stay in. It is as if the metal became stripped to where the axel no longer screws in properly. Is it possible to switch to a 2-piece axel system with this chasis? I already changed the spacers and got rid of the micro-bearings so I could use regular wheels/bearings.

2-piece axel system: http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-CRA.html (The 10.0s are NOT listed as compatible)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

You might just need to buy new screws as you may have stripped the threads. Check to make sure that you didn't strip any of the threads on chassis, cause if you did than I don't know how you could fix it. As for trying to make your 1 axel chassis to a 2 axel one, I wouldn't suggest doing that as you will more than likely ruin the chassis.

I've use the CCM RH 970 for over 5 years and never had a problem with the screws.

3pc3od3l15O35V55U6aa4952ee49bb4041bd4.jpg

P.S. Be sure to not over tighten the screws as this can cause the threads to get stripped.

Thank you for the response.

I have plenty of spare "single axel" screws which do not stay locked either. It is as if the receptical threads are stripped, which would mean I would have to replace my chassis? Placing clear sock tape over the screws has served as a temporary solution, however I am looking for a permanent fix without replacing the chassis... Any advice? I'm guessing the 2-axel screws wouldn't fit in my chassis?

Thanks!

You might just need to buy new screws as you may have stripped the threads. Check to make sure that you didn't strip any of the threads on chassis, cause if you did than I don't know how you could fix it. As for trying to make your 1 axel chassis to a 2 axel one, I wouldn't suggest doing that as you will more than likely ruin the chassis.

I've use the CCM RH 970 for over 5 years and never had a problem with the screws.

3pc3od3l15O35V55U6aa4952ee49bb4041bd4.jpg

P.S. Be sure to not over tighten the screws as this can cause the threads to get stripped.

Can you post up pic's of the chassis threads? Might help see what's going on. If you can post up pic's take them of the particular spot that is the screw is quickest to come out.