Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.DANGLES

NHL Player's Stick Length

I like mine just under my chin, but I'm 6'1 so it doesn't make it too short, so I can still poke check pretty well.

Thats what she said!

I had to! Sorry I know it's immature!

it's personal preference. there's a defenseman on my team who's a solid foot taller than me uses a shorter stick than me. my stick is cut to my chin on skates. he has a canon of a shot and has no issues taking the puck away.

My slap shot is harder and my wristers are more accurate with the shorter stick as well.

My slap shot is harder and my wristers are more accurate with the shorter stick as well.

I too prefer to use a bit of a shorter stick. Well, my idea of short would be an uncut One 95, so I guess 60'? But I used to be your typical stay at home defensemen, so I tried to get away with as long a stick as I could. I often used the Sherwood RM line for it's extra length. But since my playing style changed, I required a shorter stick for rushing, passing and deking. Oh and I shoot a bit better with it too.

Huselius' stick is ridiculously long!

Due to your previous post and now reading this, I feel the impending need to say it. Yeah. That's what she said. Or he. I guess it can go either way. And that it ALSO what she said! Haha sorry. :laugh:

I'm 6'9" and thankful the Easton Synergy ST comes in a 65" in the 115 flex. I only have to add a couple of inches of extension to get it up to my chin (in skates).

With other sticks I have to do a ton of research around lengths. I got lucky at the latest SJ Sharks pro stock sale where I picked up an extra-long Bauer Vapor X:60 that used to belong to Rob Blake. But with other sticks I've found that you've got to put together a very solid adhesion between the extension and shaft; if you don't, like I found out, you'll have to re-glue the extension because you can feel the glue breaking loose.