Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
TBLfan

2011 Warrior Dolomite DD

2011 Warrior Dolomite DD usage over a month: 20ish hours of icetime.

Introduction: This is the newest Dolomite from Warrior. This series has been largely unchanged since the Innovative 1100 and Bauer Vapor XX. The first generation Dolomite/Starskie basically took those previous sticks, changed the outward carbon wrap and changed the graphics. Since the beginning the Dolomite has seen the Spyne DD, the DD, Spyne HD and the HD blades while maintain the same basic shaft. For fall of 2010 Warrior is releasing the 2011 Warrior Dolomite DD is in its second “Double D” incarnation.

Aesthetics: Warrior has had some pretty flashy, outrageous graphics packages over the course of their existence, this stick is an exception. You have a silver base with black and minimal orange accents. “Dolomite” appears numerous times, diagonal in the lower third of the shaft, it’s actually rather subtle. On the backhand(of a RH stick) “Warrior” appears with bold block lettering in black with a silver outline. On the forehand(on a RH stick) “Warrior” appears with the same bold block lettering but with in orange that fades to black, again with a silver outline. The lower shaft and blade are coated in a clearcoat that appears to have metal flakes in it, this allows you to see the weave yet subtles the appearance and adding to the details. 10/10

Weight/balance: The Dolomite DD is nicely balanced; it feels lightweight in the hands. This is typical for a Warrior Dolomite/Inno 1100/ Vapor XX if anything a bit more balanced. Some have commented that it “feels” heavy but I don’t agree, it might not be ultra lightweight but it is far from being a heavy stick. 8/10

Performance: Again, this is usual low kickpoint Dolomite. It’s a bit stiffer than marked out of the box but breaks in decently. It kicks hard enough to give any current high end stick a run for their money. The blade is stiff but forgiving, I haven’t had any issues with torquing. I generally don’t take many slap shots but I did take some time to rip a few and I was impressed with the ease of hitting the sweet spot (Gionta pattern) and generating some good power. 9/10

Puck handling: The blade on this stick is phenomenal. When I read other reviews about how the stick had great “feel” I thought I was hearing the same old “Easton sticks have great feel” kind of jargon… I was wrong. This stick has great feel, I wouldn’t say it’s on par with a one95 but it’s probably one under. 9/10

Durability: Durability has been typical of a Dolomite. There are a few chips here and there but the structure is solid, the blade is still stiff despite a couple small gouges from skates. The graphics are holding up very well also. 9/10

Conclusion: The Dolomite has been a solid shaft for a while, that’s no surprise. The big surprise for me was the blade. I expected the “DD” to be mostly marketing and equal amount of disappointment, like the Spyne blade, but I was wrong. While I will not claim this is the best one-piece stick on the market, I will tell you this is the best value. For under $170 you have a stick that competes with sticks that can be well over $200. This stick also fills an important niche that we’ve been lacking: For a high kickpoint stick with great feel, you have had the one95. Meanwhile every low kickpoint stick on the market has a ceramic or pingy blade, until now. Finally we have an option for a dampened, wood-like feel in a low kickpoint stick; the Warrior Dolomite DD.

2011 Warrior Dolomite DD

Flex: 110, uncut with a 5-inch extension added

Curve: Gionta

Grip: Yes

Height: 6'0

Weight: 260

Position: roller Defenseman.

Time-frame of use: played 25 games so far.

Recently Used Sticks (past five months): Easton S19 (110-flex), 2010 Easton ST (115-flex), 2010 Warrior Dolomite DD (100-flex)

Intro: To start, I am a ROLLER HOCKEY player, I want everyone to know that before they read too in-depth. I have owned several Warrior Dolomites in the past. I bought my '11 DD and a '10 DD at the same time (although the '10 was a softer flex and different curve). These are my 5th and 6th Dolomites I have owned ('08 Dolo 110-flex Jovo, '09 Dolo 100-flex Draper x 3 - I tried all three lies).

Aesthetics: I am fairly happy with the looks of the stick. Warrior graphics have been very flashy in the past and I was very happy that the '11 has a more basic look (in Warrior's scale). The stick is primarily grey in color with "chunky" 'Dolomite' written several areas of the shaft. The green 'Warrior' lettering on the forehand of the stick is not super bright and the white 'Warrior' writing on the backhand of the shaft looks really great. 9/10

Weight and Balance: This stick is not an ultra-lightweight but it is not heavy. The stick has enough weight to feel solid in your hands but is light enough that you don't think you are swinging iron. I think Warrior got the weight right on here. The stick is also very-balanced. The only stick I have recently owned that felt more balanced was my S19 and perhaps the '10 DD. 9/10

Blade: WOW! First thing that came to mind during warm-ups going between by '10 DD and this '11 DD. The '11 blade is simply the best composite OPS blade I have ever used. IMO it even has better feel than the One95's I have owned. The blade is rigid but still offers awesome feel. The difference between the '10 and '11 versions of DD are very noticeable. The blade is also very good for shooting. I have not felt the blade twist at all. Please Warrior, don't change this blade!!!!! 10/10

Shaft/Flex: I am very happy with this shaft of this stick. I know the "technology" may be old, but it works. I think the shaft dimensions of the Dolomite are perfect for my hands. More towards the "round" size, but not too much. The flex also plays very true. Even with my long extension in the stick, it is the stiffest retail stick I have ever played with (likely equal to the S19). 10/10

Stickhandling and Passing: I am not a dangler, so I am not going to comment on the stickhandling moves much. I think the pattern and overall feel of the blade has made my stickhandling a little better. Same with passing. The feel of the blade makes receiving passes a snap. I have noticed some vibrations through the stick, but it is not excessive. 9/10

Shooting: A great stick for whatever shot you are taking. Although it has a low kick-point, it is not ultra-low. I think the kick is perfect for just about any type of shot. I really consider it to be a "jack-of-all-trades" stick in terms of shooting. Almost all Dolo's have felt that way to me. 9/10

Durability: This is where I have had problems with Dolo's in the past. The blades (even the '09 HD's) always seemed to chip and fray easily. So far I have not had any blade problems at all. I use a very thin layer of tape (no overlaps) with A LOT (I mean A LOT!!!) of wax. The shaft is also holding up well. There are a few graphics that have chipped off but that is all. No chips in the finish of the shaft and no peeling of the grip. 9/10

Conclusion: I bought this stick as an experiment to try out a toe curve and to also try Warrior's grip (which everyone has raved about). I was honestly not expecting to like this stick so much. Not only do I adore the curve and grip, but the rest of the stick has been very pleasing. As an avid Easton user for a long time, I think I have found a new brand here in Warrior (assuming they continue to offer 110-flexes and don't ruin their line!!!!). I honestly think that this is the best "overall" stick I have ever owned. Wrist shots, slap shots, passing, durability - it all gets high marks. It is essentially all three Easton's I owned merged into one stick (the release of the S19, balance/feel of the SE16 and durability/power of the ST). Many of the other sticks I have owned seem to give something up somewhere or another. If this is indeed the last of the Dolo's, Warrior went out with a bang. 9.25/10.

2011 Warrior Dolomite DD

Flex: 85, Cut Down 3-4"

Curve: Kovalchuk, Lie 4

Grip: Clear

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 185

Position: Centre

Time-frame of use: 12 Days [20-30 hours], HEAVY USE.

Recently Used Sticks: CCM CL 10', Bauer One30, BaseHOCKEY Custom, Maniac Inno PL II, S17, and a few others.

Introduction: To begin, I would like to point out that I am REALLY heavy on my sticks, I work for a goalie coach as a shooter, so my sticks take a beating. I play Junior A too, so they get worked brutally.

Aesthetics: This stick looks amazing, I really like the way warrior makes their name HUGE on both the sides of the stick. I really wish they would go back to the black, blues, greens, and purpules they use to use. I do think the DD of they blade needs to also be somewhere in near the top of hossel too though. 7/10

Weight: I think it clocked out at 440 grams, same as the 2009 model. Either way it doesn't matter to me. Love the weight, its not too blade heavy to blade light, just right. The weight also feels about 475g, not really closer to 400g, but thats just what I feel. 9/10

Balance/feel: I don't understand what everyone is going on and on about balence for, unless they are talking about the ratio of weight in the blade-to-shaft, in that case I think the Dolo 11' is perfect. On the feel note, I like how they kept with the concave side walls, feels really good in my hands. I also like the somewhat nipple grip that they kept to the stick. I wish there was a way to have nipple grip without actually being grippy, just the texture. The stick definitely has good balence at the end of the stick too, some sticks that have that concave double walls don't have good weight at the knob of the stick. 9/10

Passing: Passing isn't lacking, but it also isn't very easy to throw sauce with the Kovy Curve. I can however throw really clean, low sauce if I give it more of a wrister motion, which is odd. I like how it accepts Backhanders at the heal, but other than that, accepting and giving everything is nothing changed from what I regularly get with any other stick. 7.5/10

Puckhandling: I like how my toe drag is with this stick/curve. I don't like how it sometimes will mishandle the puck when I am really whipping the stick from one side to the other in-between dribbles. I will say that dangling though, comes with more ease also. 8.5/10

Shooting: PERFECTION. Pucks seem to snipe themsleves with this stick. Seriously, when I take snap shots, it sounds like I'm hitting my Driver off the Tee. I have never had a stick that felt so natural to snipe with. The corners come so much easier with the low-kick of this stick. 10/10 (should be 20/10 though, lol)

Durability: Problems, big problems. Maybe it is how I am shooting with this stick, or something along those lines. But, this stick is already breaking on me. Seriously, the blade has cracked (here are some pictures), and I will probably have to epoxy the damn thing sometime this week. I really need it for 10 days from now, and don't feel like breaking it and having to ship it to Warrior, and get one back a week too late. But I will still buy another one anyway :). Although it is going to break on me, I would still buy another, if the problem persits in the same region I might do something about it, but the 2011 DD blade patent might be the best patent since the patent of the internet. HAHA, jk, but seriously, its amazing. 3/10

Conclusion: Like I just said, I would buy this stick 100 times before any other stick, just for the reason of the 2011 DD blade. Its a beaute. 8/10.

2011 Warrior Dolomite DD: Used for 3 months and counting, about 15 games.
Player Info: 5' 9" - 150 lbs - Center or Wing. Occassional Defense in lower leagues.
Intro: I usually try and stock up on Pro Stock sticks during the summer at the Capitals Equipment Sale but I have been dying to try a Warrior stick and this Gionta toe curve. So I bought two of these 75 flex Warrior Dolomite DD sticks on Clearance from Hockey Monkey.
Looks: I can't stand the look of the flashy or bright silver/white sticks. This stick managed to blend the two and get Warriors name across and still have a dark look to the lower half. Plus the Orange and Black match my team's colors. 10/10

Weight/balance: Not the lightest stick I own but for a retail stick it feels good. I dont mind a stick that has a little weight behind it. I cut it down about 6 inches and as I do for any stick, I added a 1.5" wood plug. I didn't like how the stick felt in my hands intitially but it has grown on me and it feels good to me now. 8/10

Curve/Blade: This curve is awesome. I love it. I fell in love with Alex Semin's big toe curve a couple years ago. This is not quite the same but similar and I can now flex the stick and really shoot well. The blade feel was super pingy. Felt cheap to me and I had to overlap my tape a second time to add some dampening to the blade, which of course adds a significant amount of weight but it improves the feel to me, imo. ( I may just be spoiled by the prostock selection I have had luck finding the past three years). I bought two of these sticks and alternated them. After a about 6 weeks on the of blades is "creaking" and one is still solid. 7/10
Durability: So far after 15 games one stick is still practically brand new. Few chips and sratches but it kicks hard and the blade is stiff. The other stick has a deterioating blade and the shaft is in great shape. Blade leaves something to be desired. 9/10
Conclusion: I am pleasantly surprised with these Warriors. I'm interested in trying some of their new sticks as they seem to have strenthened the blade. I am curious if this removes some of the "pingy" feel from it or if it feels similar. I am going to try another Warrior in the future for sure. Hopefully this Gionta curve will stick around. I know they are limiting it on the Covert and Dynasty lineups. 8/10