Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DangerIsGo

Replacement knee pads for Smiths

I got Smiths pads and gloves this past summer and I've been extremely happy with them. I have not, however, been happy with the knee pads. I feel as if they don't provide sufficient protection and coverage. For instance, they turn and expose portions of my knees. I have put tape over them and they still do it, though not as much. As far as protection, they were covering my knees one game and a player bumped them and my knee was numb for a bit. The one big scare I did have a few months ago was the knee pads exposed a good portion of my knee and I got hit with a shot dead on, literally an inch above my knee cap. Suffice to say when that hit, I layed on the ice for about 10 minutes, unable to move. So can anyone recommend a replacement system for knee protection, either thigh boards or a better set of knee pads? I emailed Pete and he said that the knee pads may not suit everyone and I think that's where I fall in to. Thanks in advance.

Toronto Hockey Repair makes a set that work very well as does Sarah at PAW. I have examples from both and, at the moment, I'd say the ones from THR are my favorites.

::m

I use the Reebok Premier 2 Pro Knee Protectors, and they actually had too much padding haha. I took off the front knee cap pad and they fit a lot better with my pants and knee cradle. They never shift out of position, and I've never felt anything on my knees with them.