Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mafia Line

Travel Team Hockey in Los Angeles

Aside from the LA jr. Kings, what is the Travel hockey scene like in the LA area? How many teams are there? Whats the competition like? Any info that is google-able would be helpful. Team names, leagues etc.

LA Jr Kings - AAA/AA Travel

LA Selects - AAA/AA Travel

California Wave - AAA/AA Travel

SoCal Titans - AAA/AA Travel

San Jose Jr Sharks - AAA/AA Travel

There might be a couple other high level teams around besides those, but I haven't been around SoCal in a few years. Those 5 teams I listed above play each other on a constant basis. I'm not sure if the younger teams still play up a level or not anymore, but it wouldn't surprise me. For example, Wave U14 AAA playing Ice Dogs U18 AA, Huntington Beach U16AA, Wave U16AAA, or LA Selects U14 AAA playing the LA Jr Kings U16 AAA. Like I said, not sure if they do that anymore, but wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was still the norm.

Other than that, they play tournaments up in Canada and on the East Coast, as well as the NAHL Showcases.