Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Bauer Tri Flex (Red/Silver)

Product: Bauer Tri-Flex (Red/Silver), Linden PL106 Pro. Stiff Flex.

Blade - Keep in mind this is the first OPS I've ever owned. I wasn't a very big fan of this curve because I like very thin blades. The blade on the Tri-Flex also chips pretty easily and isn't very durable. 3/10

Flex – I like to use something around a 85-95 Easton. This stick isn't in that range but that is my fault. This stick is pretty responsive on slapshots but not really for wrist shots. My opinion of this stick isn't as high as before... especially after trying out some other people's OPS. 8/10

Stick handling/receiving passes – The thick blade makes it feel un-natural to stick handle. Again, I'm not really that satisfied with this stick so I'll give it a 6/10

Shooting – Shoots pretty well for an OPS. However there are way better OPS out there. Perhaps if I bought a more suitable flex I would've been able to get more out of this stick. I did notice a slightly faster shot from using this stick. 8.5/10

Weight and balance – Another one of the features of this stick that I don't like. You would expect it to be light, which it is. But when I use this stick, it feels like you're using a large metal rod. I guess what's decent is that the blade isn't TOO heavy and makes the stick feel lop-sided. 7/10

Durability – Shaft is good, blade is not. If you want this stick, you might as well buy the shaft versions that it comes in or buy this and chop off the blade. My blade has gotten pretty beat up compared to other blades I've used. The paint on the shaft has only chipped off. This stick get's pretty ugly pretty fast and loses all the gloss we all expect to have from an OPS. 4/10

Intangibles – I liked this stick... for 5 minutes. What was I thinking? There are better sticks out there. However this stick actually feels like heaven compared to other OPS around the same price like the Hespeler Patriot. This stick was probably good for the time when it first came out, however this stick doesn't match up to par for me. You're better off buying a shaft or a different composite. Now it's only $90-$100 Canadian where I live. Save your money and buy yourself a nice shaft and blade instead. Overall score: 6.08/10