Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clarko_99

Sizing advice for converting Bauer one100's

Fellas,

Looking to move to a new skate as my Mission Wicked 1's have just about come to the end of their lifespan. I've been a die-hard Mission fan for around 10 years now, sticking with them through thick and thin but I'm now feeling a change.

I'm a big/tall defenseman, and try my best to generate a lot of speed with big strides and for the past few years the stiffness of the Wicked 1's has been great for that - but now I'm looking to move on I've decided that I don't really care much for what's on the inline market at the moment.

I'm thinking of converting a pair of Bauer Supreme One100's, but I'm struggling to figure out my size. Problem is - I live in the UK, and getting access to a top of the line ice boot into one of the very few number of stores we have around the country is no mean feat, especially if you just want to try them on for size. Eventually want to order them over from the US, so without asking the stores to get them in for you (takes and age, and they expect you to buy from them), I'm stuck for figuring out what size I am.

I'm a shoe size 10UK, and currently skate in a Mission, 2006 sizing, 11EE.

So...two questions:

- I think at a push I can get access to anything up to the one60's, but most likely, the stores only have the one20's in my price range. Would it be safe to assume a nice fit in those boots would translate well/give me a solid indication of what size I am in the higher end boots?

- Hockey Monkey size chart (http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-hockey-skate-sizing-chart.html) suggests I should be a 9.5. Based on the my shoe size and what I'm currently skating in, does anyone have any ideas / advice to give me on how it will translate into today's Bauer sizing, especially the D/EE aspect?

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks guys.

Dan

What exactly is your price range because the one20s are really low end skates and they retail for less than 80 quid. The one100s are well over 5 times that.

While you can probably size yourself from the one20s, they won't really give a good indication how the one100s fits. Thats almost like dating somebody's mother to see what their daughter is like.

You really should try the skates you purchase because theres nothing worse than finding out the skates don't fit your feet. Sending the skates for an exchange is going to be an expensive and length process if you do choose to purchase from overseas.

My suggestion would be to try whatever is available at your LHS, particularly the newer mission skates like the SE and axioms because they'll fit like the bauer supremes. Inline skates generally are more durable than ice skates, thats something to consider if you dont play on sportcourts.

As someone who is going through the exact same switch, I can help you out.

I'm about an 11.5-ish shoe (depending on the type, obviously), and have always worn either 10.5/11 Mission skates. Generally EE, if I took the time to look around for a pair that actually fit correctly...

I'm in the beginning stages of my next boot conversion and have settled on he Bauer line, most likely the One60 boot. Lo and behold, I went to get sized yesterday, and left foot I'm a 9 1/4 EE and right I'm a 9 1/2 EE in Bauer skates.

Totally was NOT expecting to be in skates that "small", but whatever - it's what's gonna fit :)

And with the width, if you're an EE, you're an EE. That's what I was told, and I assume that it's pretty much standard, unlike the lengths.

Obviously, you'd want to get them baked to have them formed to your feet to get that "wrap" out of 'em, and that should be it.

So you're going to be pretty similar, I'm assuming.