Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sharks25

Boss Black skate fit

Hey guys, I got some rx60s, but they were slightly too small. Im shipping them back to inlinewarehouse, but just found a stockpile of the Mission Boss Blacks. They are much cheaper than the rx60s obviously, so I would like to save the $ and get them. But, how do these fit? The new missions are wide for me, and the rx60s felt pretty good width wise. I've heard that the width is similar to the newer vapors but wanted a second opinion. So for those that have used older missions, how wide are they? Anything similar to the newer vapor line?

Hey guys, I got some rx60s, but they were slightly too small. Im shipping them back to inlinewarehouse, but just found a stockpile of the Mission Boss Blacks. They are much cheaper than the rx60s obviously, so I would like to save the $ and get them. But, how do these fit? The new missions are wide for me, and the rx60s felt pretty good width wise. I've heard that the width is similar to the newer vapors but wanted a second opinion. So for those that have used older missions, how wide are they? Anything similar to the newer vapor line?

How were your RX:60's too small? I understand you had a pair of RX:25's in the same size? Was it volume or width, or was it length?

Regarding the Boss Black, they are bigger in volume, and about half a size longer then Bauer for the same size.

They were ever so slightly too short. My toes would rub when my rx25s were just short of the end. Besides that they were good. So will the boss blacks be wider or just deeper?

How were your RX:60's too small? I understand you had a pair of RX:25's in the same size? Was it volume or width, or was it length?

Regarding the Boss Black, they are bigger in volume, and about half a size longer then Bauer for the same size.

Boss black is shoe size so they are shorter than bauer in the same size. Other than the heel, they fit differently to the vapor line. They're deeper in the midfoot area and the toe box is alot shallower.

Why don't you just get a bigger pair of rx60s?

Boss black is shoe size so they are shorter than bauer in the same size. Other than the heel, they fit differently to the vapor line. They're deeper in the midfoot area and the toe box is alot shallower.

Why don't you just get a bigger pair of rx60s?

The Vapor inlines are build on the ice boot last, while the Missions are the Supreme fit, so wider with more volume throughout.

Well, I found the Boss Blacks for like $350, and I would rather save the money if possible. If they dont fit when I try them on tomorrow, Ill exchange them for a 9 1/2. I mean, spending $400 instead of $650 would be alittle bit of a plus for me. I heard great things about them too, so hopefully they fit. Thanks for the help guys.

They were ever so slightly too short. My toes would rub when my rx25s were just short of the end. Besides that they were good. So will the boss blacks be wider or just deeper?

Yikes, I hope my RX:60's fit me, I went with half a size smaller then my RX25's, but they were quite big.

Regarding the Boss Black, the volume is certainly bigger, which is probably the biggest difference, slightly wider and (my error)... they do fit the same as your dress shoe size.

The Vapor inlines are build on the ice boot last, while the Missions are the Supreme fit, so wider with more volume throughout.

Current missions have the supreme last, the black line is before they changed it to the supreme last.

Current missions have the supreme last, the black line is before they changed it to the supreme last.

True true, I do apologize. We just got back into roller, and this is the first year we stock Mission for that reason that the old ones came to their life's end.

i bet if you baked them and skated in them a few times they would have been perfect. as the skate breaks in, your heel sink back into the skate more.

I got the boss blacks yesterday for half the price of the rx60s, and they feel much more comfortable than the 60s. I'm going to bake them after my game today. I skated in them yesterday and love them, but I need to bake them to get my heel further back into the pocket. For those that would like to know: they feel slightly lower cut than the vapors, and have a narrower heel pocket. They are a hair wider, but with a much shallower toe cap.