Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Funk

Charlotte, NC

Almost certainly going to take a job in Charlotte starting in July. I've only been to the city a few times; any info regarding local rinks/shops (or anything else, for that matter) would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

2 Rinks. (3 if you count Time Warner Arena, Home of the Checkers)

Pineville Ice House. Pretty cool rink. 1 sheet with a pro shop. Ice is generally good, but it can get alittle soft during the 100+ days in the summer. Sometimes they have to shut it down. They have an adult leagues, lots of pickup and stick & puck. Online schedule and very organized. Pickups can get at a pretty high level, ex-AHLers will sometimes show up.

http://www.pinevilleice.com/

Extreme Ice Center. Very big rinks, 2 sheets and a mini sheet. Practice home of the Checkers. Big pro shop, lots of seating, and a big upstairs bar. Ice is generally good. They have early morning pickup, as well as Friday and Saturday night pickup. They are a pretty good level, Jr. A players from Canada home for the summer and good level College players. Good online schedule system.

http://www.xicenter.com/

Both rinks don't have Charlotte addresses, but are literally right outside of the city. If your coming from the city and heading towards Extreme Ice, always leave early. Heavy traffic no matter what. Pineville is in a pretty calm place. 2 different ways to get there. Interstate and side streets.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks a ton, Harv, and my apologies for not thanking you earlier. I just got back from NC, and had a chance to check out both rinks - pretty nice, much better than I expected. I'll definitely be in touch once I get down there. Thanks again.

Yes. That was eastland. Condemned the whole mall and closed everything. But before that it be came an indoor soccer place

thank god! that place was a shithole! it's really disconcerting to have people throwing pennies at you while you're trying to play.

Ya that was always fun. Grew up having 5 am practices there where the only way in was past the dumpsters thur the service entrance, never knew who was hanging around there. Very bad area.

I'm happy I found this I'm hopefully moving to Charlotte in little over a year. I can't want to be near AHL and NHL teams I only have juniors here and the NHL teams are 12 hours away. Anyone know if the Checkers ever have gear sells?