Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDE3

"The Greater One"

There is an article over on IHC about "The Great One's" father helping out the University of Pittsburgh Inline hockey team with their coaching along with Bob Coyne....coming down from Canada every week to help out....great stuff. If I knew how to make a link..I would connect it here....it's on the home page of Inline Hockey Central .com

Walter has always been a great ambassador for the sport, I was surprised at how involved he was when we went to Brampton in 2000

He's very involved down here. He was a major part of the '85 Brantford team. We played them on a regular basis. I haven't heard much about them in the past 5 years or so, but they were the top team for years. They won Narch at least once and placed Top 3 everytime they were in it. I honestly don't know how much of an impact he has on the teams though, he really just sat around and faked his sons autograph everytime I saw him. Nice enough guy, but I don't see him doing much.

After reading Walter Gretzky's biography a year ago I really understood all he and Wayne went through in the early part of Wayne's playing days. It's a good book and you should get it from your local library. I forgot the exact title but the cover has Walter Gretzky sitting on a bench made of hockey sticks.

Funny this got posted because I was reffing last night with a guy who plays for Temple and he mentioned that he met Walter over the weekend at a college tourney. He also said its too bad for him because UPitt apparently isnt too good :lol: