Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

Rink Rat Goalie Wheels/New bearings

The goalie for my senior team is looking for a new set of wheels. As his current stock of 5 yr old Patriots are VERY triangular at this point in time. Are the Rink Rat wheels any good? We train on painted concrete, but play on Sport Court. He's using an old pair of ice goalie boots with the LaBeda Predator frame which means 5 wheels a skate.

Also he was looking for some new bearings as well are there any packs out there that do 20 bearings a set rather than 16? Probably looking for ABEC 7's at the minimum. Im just posting these questions for him as he has a V busy schedule these days.

Lastly does anyone rec. anything above any of the things I've just requested?

I personally wouldn't spend the extra money on ABEC 7 bearings if I were a goalie. Speed isn't the most important factor and other then some initial smoothness that's lost after a few skates I can't tell a lick of difference between a set of properly cleaned and lubed ABEC 3's and cleaned and lubed ABEC 7's. As for buying more then 16, eBay often has good deals on bulk bearings but that may be less practical being down in the southern hemisphere.