Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glennp91

can't decide on which inline skate to go with!

ok so i have narrowed it down to 2 skates: here is a little background first i have not played roller hockey in 8 years but i play ice all year round, finally a roller league is getting put together around me and i will be playing on polished concrete

here are the choices:

reebok 8k or 2010 mission boss se

i wear a size 10 sneaker but have a wide foot, so i would be looking to get a 8.5e in the rbk's i believe

I love the look of 8k skate and for $280 you cant go wrong the thing is i called my local pro shop and they have a pair of 2010 mission boss se left over from last year for $299 in a size 8.5d (but the guy said they run kind of wide)

i know i should try each skate on but im just really stumped on what to do here and of course this pro shop does not have the 8k, i love the look of the 8k but feel that the boss se might be a better skate

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

Go to the shop and try on every skate they have in your price range, and get the one that fits your foot best. Just do yourself a favor and don't buy a skate based on looks.

What kind of ice skate do you wear? The reeboks and missions are a similar width, but the 8ks have a bad reputation of breaking down early. The missions will be stiffer and have a wider heel pocket.

right now i am wearing a bauer xxv

also leaning towards the reebok 8k, Inline warehouse has them for $280 2nd day shipping and free return shipping so if they dont feel right on me, il go a different route

The fit of the vapors is very different from the fit of the reeboks. Why don't you like the roller vapor line? They have a similar fit to the ice line, but slightly wider. The rx:25s seem to be in your price range.

from my exp with mission commander SE and Rbk 10k...

mission: narrower heel and pronounced, arch higher than Rbk, forefoot and midfoot a bit narrow, somehow higher volume than Rbk (maybe bcoz thinner tongue).

rbk: wider and straight heel, lower arch, wider fore and mid foot, thicker tongue, awesome pump!( but not too tight or it will cut off ur blood circulation).

i've tried them both in D width and my conclusion, mission is better (for me), although rbk is so damn comfy on its arch and width. the tongue is too thick that it took some volume of the boot---- i can't tie it as tight as in mission. the chassis, i like mission due to durability aspect and performance. For mission, the only downside is arch contour (i got lower arch) but i can change the insole so, its not a big deal.

Have you considered Revision skates?

They have their second model coming out at some point this year, should be lighter and generally a lot better than the first, but we wont know until it comes out.

I went from Mission LTs to the Revision Vanquish. Revision should be good for a wide foot in my opinion. Plus the wheels are fantastic, not like other skates where you sometimes have to buy aftermarket wheels. Customer service is second to none as well.

Sorry - I know Revision wasn't in your orginal choices - but I've had such a good experience with mine that I figure I should spread the good news.

If not - go with Missions for a quality boot - my LTs were great.

Have you considered Revision skates?

They have their second model coming out at some point this year, should be lighter and generally a lot better than the first, but we wont know until it comes out.

I went from Mission LTs to the Revision Vanquish. Revision should be good for a wide foot in my opinion. Plus the wheels are fantastic, not like other skates where you sometimes have to buy aftermarket wheels. Customer service is second to none as well.

Sorry - I know Revision wasn't in your orginal choices - but I've had such a good experience with mine that I figure I should spread the good news.

If not - go with Missions for a quality boot - my LTs were great.

how's the arch on revision? i hv a really low arch. i kinda hate how mission hurts my arch for the first 10-15mnts...after that don't really feel the pain though... and yeah the quality of mission boot is great.

kind of wish I knew about the mission foot arch before buying my skates. I also put in some yellow superfeet which I guess isn't helping the cause. But my feet have been hurting after playing in my new T8's. Only skated in them twice so far. Also I think I need to get used to the faster bearings/wheels and the HI-LO. I was skating on bauer pro comps for many years before this. old noisy abec3 bearings old wheels and old flat boot

how's the arch on revision? i hv a really low arch. i kinda hate how mission hurts my arch for the first 10-15mnts...after that don't really feel the pain though... and yeah the quality of mission boot is great.

I get arch problems every now and then, for some reason it's not consistent.

I guess I get it the same amount as my missions. Doesn't really bother me that much though, nothing that can't be forgotten about once i'm in the game and focussed on that.

I've always had Missions though, and now Revisions. So not a lot to compare to.

I believe the Revisions were built on the same 'last' as Missions...whatever that means? (might help)

Overall though, my Revisions are more comfy than my old LTs.