Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

henryb

Mission abec 9 bearings?

I have a pair of 2010 Bauer Vapor RX:25's that I am no longer using, one size too big and I have replaced them with a pair of RX:60's. So I thought that I should clean them up a bit and relube the bearings for the next owner. So after removing the bearings (which are Mission abec 9's), I notice that they don't have the standard "C" clip holding the shield/cover in place. I am wondering if these are one of those permenantly sealed bearings or is there some trick to getting them apart? Let me know.

Yeah, I couldn't find a way to get them open either. The first time I cleaned them I left them in the solution for about ten minutes and it didn't help much, the last time I left them in for about an hour and it worked a bit better. The bearings were never fast in the first place, I really need to upgrade.

Yeah, I couldn't find a way to get them open either. The first time I cleaned them I left them in the solution for about ten minutes and it didn't help much, the last time I left them in for about an hour and it worked a bit better. The bearings were never fast in the first place, I really need to upgrade.

Its not a good idea to clean a sealed bearing because once you removed the lubricant its going to be really difficult to reapply.

On another note, upgrading bearings will not make you skate faster unless your old bearings weren't working properly in the first place.