Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NextBobbyOrr

Hockey Shops in Ottawa

Hello everyone,

In September, I`m going to Ottawa as a part of a school trip called "Encounters with Canada". A part of the trip, perhaps a half-day, is dedicated to shopping or exploring the downtown area in Ottawa. Which is why I`d like to know if there are any good stores around there that you`d recommend, so I can maximize my time (and money spent :tongue: ). One of my first visits would definitely be to a PIAS, other than that I`m looking for some good pro shops. I`d love to see some places taht offer a good amount of pro stock stuff. As far as my shopping goes, it`d likely be a helmet, gloves and just see what else is offered. I don`t think sticks`d be important as I have no means or ways of transporting them back(strict luggage guidelines for trip). Thank you in advance for all your help!

Be prepared to see a lot of Tim Horton's donut/coffee places as part of your Canadian experience! :wink: Most shops aren't really downtown unfortunately. University of Ottawa (slightly east of Rideau Centre several blocks) has a Hockey One/Figure 8 shop on campus I think in their arena area, it's small though so don't expect a lot there: Figure 8 has a bigger location on Industrial Ave. but it's not easy to get to without a car. The bus system is pretty good from downtown though so if you are allowed to wander there's SportChek in the St. Laurent Shopping Centre east several stops it's really easy to bus to. It's more of a general sporting goods store but the hockey gear selection isn't bad, they once had "pro stock" Easton sticks made for Russian players probably for the Olympics. If you're willing to venture west of town about 30-40 minutes by bus (also a pretty direct route from downtown/Rideau Centre) there's one of two Pro Hockey Life stores in the Kanata Centrum, this is a pretty big store but I find their selection is mostly retail. On the far side west of that mess of shops is a PIAS which has an okay selection but isn't as broad as PHL. Also in Kanata there's the Scotiabank Place shop that has some game used Ottawa Senators sticks.

Hope this helps.