Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knotfan1

Face mask problem

Well my helmet's mask screws are rusted out and i cant take the mask off. My dad has a helmet bauer 4000 but he took the mask off last year when he got it .I put it on and it would not fit me my chin was not close to setting in the chin strap i tryed shorting it . What is my problem me and my dad have the same size helmet. Do i need a new mask i have been thinking about a clear one but i sweat a lot and its real cold in my rink andi think i would fog it up. So i dont no what to do.

Ok i was looking at the helmet more carefully and me and my dad dont have the same size. I have had my helmet for 4 years now and cant get the screws off the mask do you think i need a new one and will a clear face mask work for me because i sweat a ton and my rink get very cold.

first off, i would recommend a new helmet... helmets are not suggested for use beyond 5 years.

with regards to a clear full shield. the newer technology in the anti fog coatings are much better than in the past, however, it will not stop fogging in all cases. if you do purchase a full shield, just make sure to follow the manufacturers directions for care and usage. i think it would work for you. plus, if i remember correctly, there will be a warranty on the mask, usually for 1 year on the anti fog... but check that out.