Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pody37

Labeda Gripper Help

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out here. I was in my LHS (well, a 2.5 hour drive away) on sunday and they had medium (yellow) labeda gripper wheels on special offer, after talking to the guys I decided to buy some.

I currently use revision varient golds and normally train in sports halls and play games on sportcourt. I weight about 150-ish. I'm a little worried that they might be too hard and not give me enough grip. I don't really want to try them incase I need to take them back.

Has anyone used these on sportcourt and if so how do they perform? Do you think these will work for me?!

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out here. I was in my LHS (well, a 2.5 hour drive away) on sunday and they had medium (yellow) labeda gripper wheels on special offer, after talking to the guys I decided to buy some.

I currently use revision varient golds and normally train in sports halls and play games on sportcourt. I weight about 150-ish. I'm a little worried that they might be too hard and not give me enough grip. I don't really want to try them incase I need to take them back.

Has anyone used these on sportcourt and if so how do they perform? Do you think these will work for me?!

Hey Pody,

We have recommended medium Grippers to players on sportcourt before but usually for heavier players (220+) with larger wheel sizes. I would imagine at your weight they will work but you will experience slip issues.

I would think that the Red or White Grippers would work much better for your weight on SportCourt. The Yellow's are more for concrete or players that use a mix of surfaces. If you can get the same deal for either of these, then I would exchange them.

Pody - I have used Yellow grippers before, and I am using RV Golds right now.

Firstly - RV Golds offer better grip and durability - hands down. However, grippers are much more affordable. So it all depends on your market. Grippers are one of the better wheels in the lower end market in my eyes.

Secondly - I weigh around 190lb. My Grippers wore down quite quickly, but in a weird way. I almost had 'swirls' of wear, leaving quite an uneven rolling surface. My golds have worn down a lot slower and very evenly, so it's still a smooth ride.

I guess it's not right to compare them as I assume they're aimed at customers with different budgets.

I think you will be ok with the yellows personally, and you should get a lot more durability out of them at your weight.

It has been over a month since your initial post, what did you end up using? I would have to agree with sav25, that the RV Golds would better all round on sportcourt.

I am currently using the Yellow Grippers, but I skate on concrete and have about 25lbs on you. Not to mention I use Sprung chassis that work a bit better with harder wheel compounds. I am interested in giving the RV Steels a test run! Next year maybe.

It has been over a month since your initial post, what did you end up using? I would have to agree with sav25, that the RV Golds would better all round on sportcourt.

I am currently using the Yellow Grippers, but I skate on concrete and have about 25lbs on you. Not to mention I use Sprung chassis that work a bit better with harder wheel compounds. I am interested in giving the RV Steels a test run! Next year maybe.

I'll be buying some Steels for the new puck season - around September time. Will post up once I have them