Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jp21

Nike Zoom Air Rollerblades + Chassis?

hey guys, i've recently got some old pair of Nike Zoom Air rollerblades and had them for one game. I needed new holders as the stock ones are just way to old school and had these old Nike Ignites (the ones with the blue nike holders). I went to get those blue nike chassis switched over to the Zooms. Unfortunately, they dont fit because the Zooms have a bigger boot tilt and the back is much higher than the holder. Now I'm bootless and chassis-less, any recommendations on what type of holder will fit the Zooms? I've seen guys having spacers inbetween the gap before at lhs (wooden spacers) looks almost like they have heels.

Any ideas? I was thinking Sprung, but heard bout them cracking. My buddy has them and says they are really like ice. Anyways not to make this a sprung chassis dispute, but anyone know of any chassis that might fit? Seems like hockeymonkey and epuck carry the same mission chassis... do you know of any other inline chassis sources?

Thanks a bunch and have a great summer, thanks for the help

I understand that the very earliest versions of Sprung's had some breakage issues, but since then they have improved the strength of the rocker arms with the A6X arms (small) and all of the A7 (medium) and A8 (large) arms are also much stronger... nearly indistructable from what I understand! This upgrade has been around for 3 or 4 years now, so you will probably never hear about those old breakage issues with the Sprungs any more!

Get a mission hi-lo chassis, either one of the new versions (vanguard) or the older ones (penetrator etc) - (ie grab a pair of missions off ebay same size and rip frame off em)

Ive converted loads of Zoom airs, never had any issue with the hi-lo. If you search this thread back quite a few pages (or search under posts by me using the search function - you will see pics of em)

You wont need a shim (the heel lift)