Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaun

Need some help

I am in need of some new wheels... i play on both sport court and painted concrete. Ive heard that rink rat hornets will hold up on both very well but i rip through my wheels like no ones business (74a). I weigh about 145lbs and 172cm tall would this have anything to do with it? I am looking at the rink rat hornets (78a) but not sure if the softer ones would rip up, cause if they wont i would prefer them. anyone got some adivce or other wheel that will do they same job if not better?

I am in need of some new wheels... i play on both sport court and painted concrete. Ive heard that rink rat hornets will hold up on both very well but i rip through my wheels like no ones business (74a). I weigh about 145lbs and 172cm tall would this have anything to do with it? I am looking at the rink rat hornets (78a) but not sure if the softer ones would rip up, cause if they wont i would prefer them. anyone got some adivce or other wheel that will do they same job if not better?

It really depends on whether the "roll on" concrete has sand added into the paint..some places do and others do not. If it does not the Rink Rats may work well for both surfaces, but if the concrete has imbedded sand for grip..there is not one wheel which will work for both surfaces and survive. You will need two different wheels..one maybe an 80A type outdoor wheel ..like Rink Rat "Worlds", and a different wheel for the sport court like the Hot Shots or Hornets, or Dynasty Pros.

If it is indeed Sport court. Many people call all the tiled sport surfaces

"Sport Court" as a generic description, but in fact there are a minimum of three different makes of surfaces with different properties, and even different versions of these floors within the brands. "Ice Court" has proven to be very tough on wheels as it seems to have a "cheese grater" effect from all the little holes in the tiles. You may need to go to an even harder wheels to stand up to this type of surface...I am not even sure what really lasts on this stuff.

it doesnt have sand added into the paint its just plain roll on... i have mellenium grippers(the yellow ones) for the sport court and they are slowly ripping up. My question is shoulde i go for the harder wheel or not or should i go for a combo of both?

it doesnt have sand added into the paint its just plain roll on... i have mellenium grippers(the yellow ones) for the sport court and they are slowly ripping up. My question is shoulde i go for the harder wheel or not or should i go for a combo of both?

I think those are "Gripper Lites" X soft...get the Hot Shots, even the 62/76's...you will be happy.

Get something not too soft and not too hard. Indoor/Outdoor wheels would be ideal for your situation. I suggest around a 76A durometer