Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JCon

Acceleration

I recently bought a full set of Revision Variant Golds (76-76-80-80) for my mission commanders and I'm using BEVO ABEC 9 bearings. I'm 6' 170 lbs.

So far I really like the way they perform. Not only was there very minor adjustment period they are already performing equal if not better than the hot shot wheels I had on. But anyway, I've noticed their wheel matrix and that's what led me to purchase the all gold setup. However, I was wondering if the bronze/gold or platinum/gold setups are worth trying.

My main concern is acceleration and I'm looking to add to that. Would the Platimun/Gold setup be geared towards this?

Also, if anyone has experience with any other wheel types and acceleration your input is important! Thanks and I hope to get some feedback!

What type of surface you are playing on.

Sorry for the slow reply, but it's sports court. It's pretty slick compared to most of the other indoor roller surfaces I've played on.

If you are looking for acceleration and speed the fastest wheels available are the Labeda Addiction wheels.

Labeda wheels are Awsome, their customer service sucks!

Stock07: What experience have you had with Labeda? I have dealt with them a number times and they have bent over backwards to help me out. I found their customer service to be excellent!

Stock07: What experience have you had with Labeda? I have dealt with them a number times and they have bent over backwards to help me out. I found their customer service to be excellent!

I have been trying to buy some frames and shirts/hats they have listed on their website. I have emailed a number of times over the last 4-5 months and never heard anything back. I have tryed to go through retailers they have listed om their website and they were not able to get anything I was looking for. Maybe its just bad luck.

Wow, that surprising! They always responded to me? Anyways, I know Inlinewarehouse has all of those items you are looking for.

Wow, that surprising! They always responded to me? Anyways, I know Inlinewarehouse has all of those items you are looking for.

Nope, "out of stock" there.

Revision customer service is outstanding (Revision.eu - European site)

Always email back within 24 hours, and have sorted me out with questions and spares with zero fuss.

I'm not sure that anyone can claim that certain wheels are faster than other brands, without accurate, independant testing - which is difficult. Obviously TeamLabeda will say their wheels are the fastest - I don't blame them - they have a brand to look after. If they have any evidence from independant tests - that would be useful.

Personally, I go with harder inner wheels, and softer outer. The hard inners keep me rolling well in a straight line, and the 2 outer softer wheels keep me gripped up when accelerating, around the corners and when stopping - overall faster setup for me.

I guess acceleration is all about grip and getting away with minimal slip, so a softer setup should be better. Straight line top speed requires slightly harder wheels.

Just my opinion and personal preferences...