Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

superfeet arch location question

So purchased a pair of superfeet size 9.5-11 and i wear size 10 shoes. I noticed that the arch support is a little further back and doesn't line up the same as when i had my custom graf ones or even my orthotics, however everywhere i read about these state they are intended to be further back than normal.

Is this correct or should i be returning them for next size up?

My feet just barely go over the heel cup (that was after trying them on being on my feet all day so they were probably little swollen).

I think each size range on Superfeet is meant fit the biggest part of the "bell curve". That said, it's not unusual for a letter/size outside the chart to give the best fit for your foot, provided you have a shorter or longer than average arch. For example, I wear a 10.5 shoe. According to the size chart, the "E" (9.5-11) size insole could work. I learned through trial and error that I have a longer than average arch, and that the "F" (11.5-13) simply fits the shape of my foot better. Whichever size/length most closely matches the profile of your arch is likely the best fit.

Short answer, if you feel like there's pressure in the arch of your foot (towards the heel) I'd let comfort overrule the size chart recommendation and get what feels best.

It does mention in training material that there might be some pressure towards the heel at first. I believe they come with a 30-day money back guarantee.

From my experience (working in a LHS) that pressure you feel slightly behind your arch is normal as your mid-tarsal joint is being supported. Superfeet is not defined as an arch support. With your MTJ supported it will in-turn prevent your arch from collapsing with each forward step and therefore keep your knees/hips/back/etc aligned.

Choose the size according to how your heel sits in the heel cup. If it 'muffin-tops' over the sides, go a size up and trim to existing insole.

Hope that helps! :D

update: i ended up buying two sizes (D and E or E/F can't remember top of my head. I tried the bigger one where the arch was more inlined with my graf customs and orthotics and i must of been getting no support b/c my ankles were rubbed raw from my ankles turning in.

I'll try the smaller one(that i felt pressure on my heel) next game and see how it feels and update from there. Thanks for the help so far guys :)

From my experience (working in a LHS) that pressure you feel slightly behind your arch is normal as your mid-tarsal joint is being supported. Superfeet is not defined as an arch support. With your MTJ supported it will in-turn prevent your arch from collapsing with each forward step and therefore keep your knees/hips/back/etc aligned.

Choose the size according to how your heel sits in the heel cup. If it 'muffin-tops' over the sides, go a size up and trim to existing insole.

Hope that helps! :D

QFT