Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caps2600

Help I Cant Skate

Hey Im a new member cool forum! I hope this is not in the wrong place.

I played inline hockey as a kid a just got back into it few weeks ago. I need help diagnosing a problem. Im 25 years old and about 205lbs. I purchased pretty much the cheapest skates could find. Thor Tour 909 here is a link.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/tourt909isktsr.html

I put new rink rat wheels on the skate.

When I start my games I can skate ok but as the games go on and I get more tired I can barely move especially when I go from stop to trying to gain speed quickly what happens is my ankles just bend inwards and its hard for me to get moving I usually stumble a bit. I look ridiculous. Now stamina and endurance is no doubt a problem and that is something I am working on, but could part of the problem be that my skates are not stiff enough and of low quality, im a pretty big guy so do I need a stiffer skate, is that why my ankles are bending inward? I really did not know anything about skate stiffness when I made the purchase. Can someone confirm this or am i just out shape and suck at skating.

Thanks for any help

Update:

I just found my old mission skates from when I was younger and I was checking them out and the difference was huge between the two skates the cheaper tours I have feel like they are made of cardboard compared to the missions I can easily push the boot of the tours in with my hands and I noticed there is a crease in the boot of the tour from my ankle bending inward too much. So Im kinda convinced that these skates are no where near stiff enough for a guy of my size and that's playing a role here. Anyone else have any other insights, Im thinking about getting new skates either Mission T8 or T7 are the t8 overkill? My worst fear is wasting money on another skate that is not adequate I want the next pair to at least last me a year.

I have found with skates, helmets, and gloves that you get what you pay for, unless it's mid/high end product on clearance (which I find is the only way to go now).

No doubt the current mission line is great (I have the t8) but have you considered last years' higher end models?

I would recommend taking a look at what's on closeout before going with current models. Make sure you either get fitted or know what you want. Try on as many models as possible before buying

are the tours the right size for you? you should be able to feather the toe caps when you're sitting down.

also make sure you're tying the skate correctly. its possible the 909s are too soft for you and you should probably go up.

If you do decide to get a new pair of skates, its best to try the skates and get fitted properly so you get adequate support.