Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

Ordering a Z-Bubble Grip shaft and have a question

I'm ordering a Z-Bubble shaft in a few minutes but have a question first. How do I know which flex I should get, 110, 100, or 85? For blueline slappers, is it better to have an ultra stiff shaft or what? Will different flexes affect my stick handling? How do I know what flex will be right for me? I've used woodies practically my whole hockey life so I really don't know the answer to any of these questions. I would buy it from my LHS, but they're a ripoff trying to sell it for $139 when you can get it online for $99.

it all depends on your size and weight. If your used to wood sticks, you should

have no problem with 100 flex. i Take allot of blue line slappers and im in love with

85 flex. Its mainly Personal Preferrance. If your a heavyier guy, lean toward the 100 flex. If you like a little whip, 85 flex should do. Good luck with your choice.

CaptainZbubble

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but does the amount of flex affect it's durability? I.E. a stick with less flex will be more durable because it can absorb intense shocks and whatnot better?

Is there a difference between the Z-Bubble and Z-Bubble grip other than one has grip and one doesn't? I read in another thread there is a durability issue with the grip version?

Should be the same stick. The flex shouldn't effect the durability of the stick. Which wood sticks are you using? Have you checked for a flex on those? If you find one use that to judge.

If you're concerned about durability, get a TPS Rubber. Otherwise the flex is just a personal preference. However for defense I'd prefer a 100 Flex.

Flex can actually have some bearing on durability, at least if you use a wood stick. The stiffer wood sticks use carbon/fibreglass/graphite reinforcements to make the stick stiffer, and as a side effect, the stick becomes a little more durable because of the tougher materials.

A composite shaft however, should not have a difference in durability across flexes...so nothing to worry about.