Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

NEW REEBOK AND CCM SKATES

Sorry if this has already been covered but I couldnt find anything on it. I know Reebok will be releasing new skates with the Hummer chassis this month but does anyone know if CCM has any plans to release a new skate?

Thanks

Rick Henry

I'm in the market for new skates and am looking to stick with Reebok. I have a pair of 5K's from about 3 years back and they are a perfect fit. Is the fit of these new models the same? Also, the only thing is with the 5K is the stiffness is nowhere near enough (near 250 lbs). When I take a power stride I can feel the entire boot bend quite a bit and I lose my balance a bit. Will the 7K stiffness be enough or should I go 9K?

If you dont mind the white look of the 9k, I would go with the 9k boot. the write up says they have the same side quarters like the 11k. I looked at the 11k today and is the same boot as my 11k ice boot. But have the clear side scuff pads. The 7k had the black boot but seemed alittle step down. My opinion is I would go with the upgrade of the 9k. To me ,performance tips the scale alittle more then the looks on this one.

All this Reebok-skates-that-don't-fit-me-stuff aside, I'm in the same boat as Rick up there, left wondering if CCM will issue U+ Series inline counterparts since my U+10s are the only skates that fit me at the present moment. It would save me the trouble of buying another pair and then having a Labeda chassis mounted on them. Anyone know more?

If you dont mind the white look of the 9k, I would go with the 9k boot. the write up says they have the same side quarters like the 11k. I looked at the 11k today and is the same boot as my 11k ice boot. But have the clear side scuff pads. The 7k had the black boot but seemed alittle step down. My opinion is I would go with the upgrade of the 9k. To me ,performance tips the scale alittle more then the looks on this one.

Thanks. I'm not huge on the white but performance > look for me.

Hi guys, I need help here. I am debating whether to get mission boss SE or Reebok 9k (black and white). I heard that the mission boss SE is really stiff and not comfortable whereas Reebok 9k hands down comfortable and not as stiff as boss SE. Based on specs, boss SE is better than 9k. any advices to help me choose between these two?