Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Famed Hero

Different cage for Olie 2000 needed

Hey guys, I currently own and primarily use an Olie 2000 goal mask. The #1 gripe about my mask is how crappy their cages are. The mask originally game with a gold cat-eye cage that got seriously dented the first game I've played with it. I now use a black grid cage which has held up great although the mask does not stick out at all and my nose tends to rub against it from time to time (and I don't even have that big'uh nose!).

Anyway does anyone know of any other cages that will fit an Olie 2000 mask? I'd like to get a cat-eye cage that is strong and durable and a grid style cage that kinda sticks out a bit like most do. Thanks!

Hey guys, I currently own and primarily use an Olie 2000 goal mask. The #1 gripe about my mask is how crappy their cages are. The mask originally game with a gold cat-eye cage that got seriously dented the first game I've played with it. I now use a black grid cage which has held up great although the mask does not stick out at all and my nose tends to rub against it from time to time (and I don't even have that big'uh nose!).

Anyway does anyone know of any other cages that will fit an Olie 2000 mask? I'd like to get a cat-eye cage that is strong and durable and a grid style cage that kinda sticks out a bit like most do. Thanks!

first question is where do you live, and where did you buy the mask at?

i will check, but there should be a warranty on the cage that dented. i would suggest the non colored cage. all of the cat eye cages should be the same shape as well from olie.

in regards to another cage that fits... there won't be, the cages are designed specially for the mask, and even if you do find one that works, it voids any warranty.

first question is where do you live, and where did you buy the mask at?

i will check, but there should be a warranty on the cage that dented. i would suggest the non colored cage. all of the cat eye cages should be the same shape as well from olie.

in regards to another cage that fits... there won't be, the cages are designed specially for the mask, and even if you do find one that works, it voids any warranty.

First off thank you for your concern B)

I live in Omaha, Nebraska, USA and purchased the mask from The Goalie Crease store via Ebay.

I've contacted both the store and Olie directly, the store didn't know of any warranty and Olie has yet to return my messages. I'm curious, what does the color of the cage have to do with its strength? That being said I acutally prefer the look of a black cage as compared to gold on my mask, so getting one of another color wouldn't be an issue.

I was just about ready to order a new cage from Stacey Composites which the owner said will fit an Olie 2000 perfectly. Mind you this is a special reinforced cat eye cage, and Stacey has a formidable reputation as far as the durability of their cages... let alone the reinforced one ;)

Nonetheless I'm not nessicarily concerned with the warranty on the mask itself as it is a very low price for the quality of the product you recieve. As far as the cage goes, I'd rather be safe with an ultra durable mask and no warranty than have a weak cage and a warranty. Warranties and guarantees don't mean jack it your face were to get mangled just like a cage would ;)

All that being said I am more than willing to hear you out and would greatly appreciate any information you can provide, I welcome you reply! :)

sent a message to the factory to see what i can help with... i will update you with what i find out.

i was asking about the color, becasue maybe there is an issue with a run of the cages, and it may only be on a certain color... may be a fluke though. just need the basics.

warranty may be voided on the entire mask if you change brand of cages, therefor creating an issue were you to get injured due to mask failure, not just cage failure. if the cage is not designed exactly correct, it can change the structure of the mask, and in some cases weaken the material. putting your head at risk, not just your face.

i will try to help in any way i can.

Hey Hero, I live in Omaha also. I have a Olie mask I purchased from Goalie Heaven in Toronto (1-800-933-4555). The have alot of Olie masks and replacement stuff. I have taken my share of shots to the cage and it is holding up well. Wounder if you just got a bad one. Give the guys at Goalie Heaven a call and the will set you up!!! BTW PM me if you are looking for ice time. I play about 3 times a week, and goalies are always welcome!!!!