Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BryanK09

Wide Foot Problems, Graf?

I have had a pair of X:30's 11.5D I bought brand new last year and I had only been skating for 2 months when I bought them so I wasn't sure what to look for in a skate. After several bakings and a month of skating 3-4 times per week, I had severe pain that had persisted and assumed it was more than just break in pain and finally after doing a little bit of reading and realizing how a skate SHOULD fit, I realized they were DEFINITELY not wide enough. Either was it's over a year later and I still have pain when I'm skating and I've had them punched out in certain spots but they just aren't wide enough. The widest part of my forefoot is like 4.5 inches and that's definitely not Vapor width D friendly.

My question is, I purchased some Graf Supra 570's 11.5Wide off the internet and am wondering if anybody would know if these would fit me more properly. I have an average-moderate sized heel, my foot has a large instep, my forefoot as I said is the widest part of my foot (probably because I'm a heavy dude). I live in the middle of nowhere NY so going and getting fitted at any LHS is nearly impossible and just uneconomical. So basically what I'm asking is, should these suit me better than what I have now? They MUST be wider because they're made for medium foot width and I bought them In a wide version and are also made for deep instep, and if comparing them to vapors, vapors seem to run more narrow for their size.