Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

romdj

Side protection

So there is my problem, I'm quite hard sliding/braking on my skates, and I wonder if you guys knew any ways of protecting the outside of the boot, mostly in the forefoot area as I find the protection to be limited against abrasion... It's okay now, but I'll be likely to invest more in the near future, and If you know some tricks out there to help durability, I'll have more confidence out there.

examples:

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've been playing at an outdoor rink that tears up the outside of my boot pretty good. I've just been using black shoe goo that I got at a skateboard shop. Same stuff I used to protect the fabric toe on my skates before they started coming out with the plastic toe caps.

I tried various things with plastics but found the longest wearing, hassle free fix to be a small metal plate and used stick tape which was the colour of the boot to hold it in place. With thin metal you can shape it to the profile of the boot and it will sit flat. The tape needs replacing every few months or so but after I put this on mine and my kids skates, no more wear at all.

However I never tried the shoe goo route as mentioned above and might give this a go.

epoxy works... just looks like crap after a few skates.

I have also tried epoxy-ing a ceramic tile (small curved one that use in old bathrooms for corners). It works well if you do it properly, and should last a while. I did try the metal plate, but was concerned that the sharp edges might be a safety hazard.