Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doctor Hook

"Hockey Spit" visor anti-fog spray

I wouldn't use it with an oakley, but anything else should be fine. I also haven't had much luck with microfiber cloth when it's wet, it just seems to smear everything. Nothing beats a nice, soft cotton towel

I wouldn't use it with an oakley, but anything else should be fine. I also haven't had much luck with microfiber cloth when it's wet, it just seems to smear everything. Nothing beats a nice, soft cotton towel

So the "Only use AFR spray on an Oakley" really IS true! Yeah, I need to start bringing a towel to the bench, good tip.

So the "Only use AFR spray on an Oakley" really IS true! Yeah, I need to start bringing a towel to the bench, good tip.

I've seen any number of different substances ruin Oakley visors. I usually bring two small towels to the bench or one large one. I hate using a wet towel on my visor.

I have the Oakley AFR spray that I use on my Visor before I go to the rink or when I am there. I take a microfiber towel with me to the bench and if I get a lot of water on it Ill use it to wipe it and it works perfectly. Just dont use the microfiber towel for anything but wiping the visor.

Epilogue: Used "Hockey Spit" tonight at beer league on my Bauer RBE I Certified visor (haters gonna hate...) and still fogged up like a mofo. So, back to the drop of liquid soap and buffing it out method.

Epilogue: Used "Hockey Spit" tonight at beer league on my Bauer RBE I Certified visor (haters gonna hate...) and still fogged up like a mofo. So, back to the drop of liquid soap and buffing it out method.

Speakings of Haters hating...

I bought that RBE visor in the fall after an on ice collision resulted in a big old scratch in the middle of my HLC visor. That RBE visor was brutal. I couldn't believe how bad it was. I tried all the sprays and nothing worked. It would fog up constantly, and the entire mask too not just to part around my nose (like the HLC does) So I bought another HLC, which isn't perfect, but miles better then the RBE, just a terrible terrible product IMO.

I just couldn't swallow paying $100 for a piece of clear plastic (x100 or HS23), but if someone here can tell me that they don't fog at all, I may swallow it and get one.

Speakings of Haters hating...

I bought that RBE visor in the fall after an on ice collision resulted in a big old scratch in the middle of my HLC visor. That RBE visor was brutal. I couldn't believe how bad it was. I tried all the sprays and nothing worked. It would fog up constantly, and the entire mask too not just to part around my nose (like the HLC does) So I bought another HLC, which isn't perfect, but miles better then the RBE, just a terrible terrible product IMO.

I just couldn't swallow paying $100 for a piece of clear plastic (x100 or HS23), but if someone here can tell me that they don't fog at all, I may swallow it and get one.

Yeah, I switched from the non-certified RBE to the certified RBE (which is about a half inch longer) and the fogging was dramatically higher than with the non-certified. I believe it was a combination of the Hockey Spit being not as effective as liquid soap as well as the longer visor capturing my breath and sweat steam moreso than the shorter, non-certified.

Still, for the added bit of protection, I'll probably keep using the certified RBE for my low level beer league purposes.