Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Dynasty Grip Sr - DetroitRedwings94

User Specs:

6'5

200 lbs

Forward

age 18

On the ice everyday. My review might be a bit sporadical because of an intense junior hockey game schedule so bear with me. Nonetheless, lots of use with the Dynasty, its a fun direction that warrior went with this stick.

Stick Specs:

100 flex

Kopitar(Easton Sakic)

Grip

Key technology:

Axy-Sym(shaft construction)

Precision taper flex profile(low kick)

X-weave blade

Initial Thoughts:

Warrior shipped the stick surprisingly fast which was great. At first sight, I liked the look of the stick. Im not too picky on appearances, but the stick has a nice graphics package which we can always expect from warrior.

The only things I wasnt too fond of was the big circle warrior logo on the back of the heel of the blade, its exposed on my tapejob and I just saw it unneccesary? And also, the front of the blade/(lower part of taper) is black(big weave, very x60 like), and the back is a dark red, (picture the vapor xxxx blade). I guess Warrior did this to easily distinguish the X-weave blade technology. Like I said, maybe a bit unneccessary, but that is the nature of the retail stick market so it doesnt bother me. I just like a clean looking taper :)

I thought the stick has a very comfortable balance to it. Definetly not the lightest stick on the market, but it was well balanced which I think is the important part. Props to Warrior for not releasing a paper light stick just to say its light. The shaft shape was also great, I'd say its a contoured traditional.

I'm a tall guy at 6'5, so I was extremely happy to see it was an extended length stick at standard. For most bauer sticks I have to put a hefty plug in but It was not neccessary for the Dynasty. Definetly a nice change of pace for the tall guys. I use a stick up to my chin so no plug was needed.

First Practice: (at least 100 shots, extended use)

Shooting was great with the Dynasty. The precision flex profile is very hard to compare to any other stick. At first I thought the stick was just difficult to load, but that wasnt really the case as I got use to it. The blade isnt pingy, but its not dead; just very neutral. It complements the flex great because you lean into the stick and the puck seems to stick on the blade until that final "pop" and the puck fires off. Which brings me to the kick. I love the axy-sym shaft tech; the puck really fires off this stick and the shaft kicks hard, probably my favorite part of this stick. Shots are very consistent and blade doesnt torque back whatsoever.

Passing and stickhandling- the stick game me no problems here. I play at a pretty high level so if theres a passing or stickhandling issue I usually point to the curve as the source. But the Kopitar is a great sakic clone, a happy medium between the easton sakic(hall), and p92. I think the sakic clones all have little differences from brand to brand so I was very pleased with the kopitar. Loading on this stick isn't the easiest, so leaning into hard passes wasn't quite as easy but thats no big deal.

Overally I had a great first use with the stick. It took a really hard shot to the shaft when I was on the PK in practice, but it didn't break; that would've been a quick end to my not-so-long term review. Very sturdy stick. The one legitimet complaint about the stick I'll explain below...

The Grip. This stick has the slick grip coating and texture technology. The top and back half or the shaft have the texture, and the bottom and front half are standard grip without the texture. I guess it was fine at first when my gloves were bare dry, but when my gloves were quite wet by the end of practice, the grip technology is more annoying than helpfull. The grip texture strips( little grip pieces like= I I I I I I I I I I I along the shaft) are perpendicular to the corner of the shaft. So when my gloves are wet and I really press on that textured side of the shaft, my palm slightly slips and the face of my blade opens ever so slightly and its harder to put all of my weight into the flexing of the stick. The perpendicular texture gives me less grip than a standard grip shaft and it feels as if I have less glove on my shaft.

To conclude the novel above, the grip seemed like a marketing gimmick, I really wish they would've gone standard nipple grip which is great. Its probably just my personal preference, but those were just my thoughts on the grip

Unfortunetly, the Dynasty broke in practice today. Small ice 3 on 3 and it took a really solid hack.

But to summarize the last month of on and off use with this stick, Its been great. The real strength of this stick is in the axy sym. I think weve all had experience with for example an s17 or s19, where after even a couple weeks of hard use, the blade goes soft; And then after 3 weeks if that, the stick doesnt kick nearly as hard or consistent as it had in the beginning.

Im confident in saying that the Dynasty was kicking quite close to as it did with my first use. The blade is still nice and stiff with no creaking or wobble when you torque it with your hands. Just an awesome result after a month.

Its unfair to say durability was an issue because this thing has taken more than its fair share of slashes, hundreds of shots, and I used it at least 3 times a week.

I still dont like the fancy grip, but thats just my personal preference. If I were to purchase this stick in the future, I would just buy the non grip matte finish which is great, and rub a sticky roll over the shaft as I do with my batches of sticks now anyways.

Fun review, Great stick. Thanks to JR and Warrior for giving me the opportunity to test the Dynasty out.