Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snailmale

Low/Mid Priced Skates Recommendation

So my CCM V08 skates bought in 2009 are falling apart (the toe cap on the left has split open) and I'm looking to get a pair of replacement skates. Prior to buying my old skates, I gave Mission, Tour, and CCM skates a try, and found that the CCM's were the closest fit for me. I have short, wide feet with somewhat high volume (I can never put on hockey skates without loosening the laces all the way down to the last 2 eyelets).

The main problem is, they are likely to tearing down the only inline hockey rink in my country within a year or so and there's no news on a replacement rink being built. The Olympic sized ice rink is also almost complete. So far I've only played inline hockey (for about 3 years) and I'm terrible at ice skating. Either way, to keep my options open, I'm looking for a moderately priced pair of skates so as to leave some budget for ice hockey skates and ice gear, should I decide to go into that.

So far based on description, I'm looking at either the Mission T6 or Alkali CA5. Quite a number of my friends have the T6 and it seems like a really solid skate for the price, nice stiffness and good value for money, although a little heavy. I have yet to try any Alkali's but I like what I read about them. Would the CA5 be a better alternative to the T6 in terms of value, durability and weight? Wheels don't really matter to me because I'll be switching them out for outdoor Rink Rats.

I'm looking at size 6E, and weigh about 63kg, if that matters. I'm open to any suggestions as well, such as Bauer or RBK! Thanks very much for any advice!

I personally own T-6's, and for the money they are a great skate. Several gold players at my rink also skate on them and like them. If they fit you, they should not disappoint.

If i were you I might look into some reeboks, in addition, because they own CCM. Seems like your price point might be between the 5k and 7k. I am no expert however, as I am just getting back into roller hockey myself, but might be something to consider, I know a lot of reebok and ccm designs are fairly similar fit/feel

I was fairly satisfied with my CCM's, but found them to be too soft after a while. Reebok and CCM roller hockey skates seem to be less stiff than Mission skates (at the same price point), to me. But if they have changed this since a year or two ago, I'd be glad to consider them. I just figured that if my CCM V08 (2nd highest in the line) were too soft for me, then Reebok's 4th highest in line would probably be too soft as well. Another point to note is that my country doesn't really have a proper hockey shop so anything I buy will be online, from US stores.