Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mockingduck

Sore foot

I just recently purchased the T10 skates size 7.5D. It feels ok and snugged fit at first. But when I used them to skate after about an hour. I felt pain on the inside and outside edges of both of my feet, on the bottom of my feet, and on top of my feet where the tounges touch my feet. Anyone has any idea what causes these pain / soreness?

When I skate on them, it sometimes feels like my feet do not sit perfectly on the footbeds (off-centered). Any idea what causes it?

When I drew my foot on the paper and measure it manually with a ruller, and do the width divided by length, it shows that I am supposed to be wearing a EE, but when I measured it with the bannock device, it came out to be in between D and E.

Are those problems that I am having because of the width of the skate not wide enough? The thing is my feet feels snugged fit on the D (with those problems). I supposed the 7.5EE will be much more comfortbale but less snugged fit. Regardless, I already skated on the 7.5D and I could not return it.

Several people that I talked to said that if it feels ok on the 7.5D, then the soreness probably comes from sut the stiffness of the boot, considering that T10 is a high-end skate that is very stiff and the skate is not break in yet. any comments?

Any solutions to my problems?

In regards to the soreness on the edges and bottom of my feet, and my foot bot being centered, I was thinking of getting a new footbeds. Will it help my problem and relieve some of the pain? anything that you guys recommend (superfeet, graf, shock doctor, elite pro)?

In regards to the pain on top of my feet, I would asume that I lace my skate too tight? is that possible? I changes the original unwaxed lace with a new waxed lace. Some articles that I read recommend using unwaxed laces to prevent the lace bite. Comments?

Thank you, any advices are appreciated.

It could be a width and volume issue.

The soreness on the sides of your feet is generally because the skates are to narrow. Have you had the boots baked yet? Or you could consider getting them stretched for width.

The pain on the top of your foot could be because you are tightening the laces to tight or the boot is not deep enough for your foot. Try the volume test, undo your laces to the third eyelet, foot in boot then put a pencil across the eyelets, you should have a couple of mm of clearance between the pencil and your foot.

Alternatively how often do you skate? You may just need to break your foot and boot in together.

I use the yellow superfeet, they are a very good footbed but they don't fix the soreness on the sides or top of your feet.

It could be a width and volume issue.

The soreness on the sides of your feet is generally because the skates are to narrow. Have you had the boots baked yet? Or you could consider getting them stretched for width.

The pain on the top of your foot could be because you are tightening the laces to tight or the boot is not deep enough for your foot. Try the volume test, undo your laces to the third eyelet, foot in boot then put a pencil across the eyelets, you should have a couple of mm of clearance between the pencil and your foot.

Alternatively how often do you skate? You may just need to break your foot and boot in together.

I use the yellow superfeet, they are a very good footbed but they don't fix the soreness on the sides or top of your feet.

the edges of my feet do not hurt at the toe cap area. more on the quarter package area. No, I did not have it baked since there is not LHS near my area. I actually purchased my skates online. I skate 3 days a week, two hours per day.

Will superfeet help my off centered problem?

Can you explain the volume test again?

Thank you.

The quarter area, about one to two inches back from the edge of the toe cap, is often where it hurts. Have a look at a pair of sandshoes/sneakers and see where the widest point is on the outside of the shoe.

Off centered how? To the inside or outside?

Quoted from another thread:

The pencil test is a test to check skate volume. Unlace the skate and pull the tongue forward. While seated place your foot in the skate and kick your heel back into it. Then take a pencil, pen, ruler, or any other straight edge and lay it across the boot at about the 3rd or 4th set of eyelets. In order to "pass" your foot/ankle can't touch the pencil.

Keep in mind this "test" is just a guide.