Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akravetz

Gear wear and tear - Bauer shin guards

Hi all, I am the relatively new player (about a year and a half) and play in a low-level rec league. I got a pair of Bauer x30 shin guards last year and for the most part, have loved them in the three seasons I have played (two winter, one summer). They protect me fairly well as this is a low-level league though the shot I took last night on my knee still kinda hurts this morning but oh well. That's not the question.

The calf guard is a plastic insert and is covered by a neoprene/nylon cover-like thing. I don't know what to call it but that's as close as i can get. I noticed over the weekend that the plastic is starting to push through the fabric and rip a hole in one side and it's is on the verge on the other side. Is this just SOP for shin guards or should they last longer than a 14 months. I play, on the average, about once a week, and have done maybe 30 "stick and pucks" or DH sessions (as they are called here) in that time frame. I store the guards outside in the garage and put them in the pants when I carry them in my bag.

Am I being silly or should they last longer than that. Again, I am relatively new so this is all Greek to me at times. Thanks in advance.

Andy in Peoria