Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
hunt3rsean

CCM U+ CL

Size - 13"

Had since: November, 2011

Games per week: 2-3

Fit - 9/10

---------------

These gloves fit my hand pretty well perfect. I have a low volume hand with average finger/thumb length. The fingers area is narrow and snug fitting while the back-roll/cuff area opens up. The gloves give a very snug fit feeling, but come off easy if need be. I wear these gloves with the internal padding/flap piece tucked in since my hand is so low volume there. My only issue is that the fingers in these gloves are longer then both my Bauer Supreme and East S11 gloves, but it isn't by much. I just find that every other play I have to push my hand forward in the gloves a little bit.

Protection - 10/10

----------------

These gloves are awesome for protection. I've taken slashes to thumbs and back-roll with little to no pain. You can feel the impact but it doesn't hurt. I've also taken shot blocks off the backroll (Rec league) without any pain or tingling sensations. Big plus compared to my mid-level Bauer and Easton gloves.

Comfort - 9/10

----------------

Out of the box these gloves were not very comfortable. They were stiff and the fingers were twisted so it took a break in period to get them to operate/fit correctly. Once they did break in they've become very comfortable. No odd seam points or anything that feels like it's poking. I would have given a 10 had the fingers fit better/shorter, but that's more my unique hand shape at fault then CCM.

Weight - 10/10

----------------

There is a reason they call them Crazy Light. They are just that. Plain and simple the lightest glove I have ever used.

Durability - 8/10

----------------

I've been using these gloves since November 2011. I play 2-3 times a week and have seen no rips or snags on the padding area of the gloves or at the seams. There is no palm damage on my right hand, but noticed some wear starting to happen on my left palm. I am a right handed shooter so that's why my high hand/left hand is showing some use. I also tape the top of my stick using the cord style which is why this is happening. I'm just a little surprised it happened so quickly. I've read other reviews where this has happened. Internally there has been no signs of wearing.

Mobility - 9/10

----------------

These gloves offer great movement while not feeling loose. The cuff area really opens up for me and provides plenty of mobility to stick handle. I don't dangle or have moves even close to a pro, but the gloves do allow for comfortable/unrestricted puck handling. My only complaint is how stiff and unmoving the thumb is. Bauer has a "flex thumb" system which I found to be very cool. It gave the thumb a bit more motion. This probably opens up a small unprotected area which isn't wanted in higher levels of hockey, but never resulted in a problem for my rec league play. Does it really put a negative on the CCM gloves for not having it? No, but it's just a feature I enjoyed. Having all fingers use a 3-joint system is great. I love how much range of motion each finger has. Makes your fingers feel more like normal and gives a better broken in feel.

Intangibles - 10/10

----------------

I think these gloves look good. The color way (black, red, white) looks very clean. Just a good looking glove.

Conclusion - 9/10

----------------

Even with the longer fingers and stiffer thumb I give these gloves a 9/10. For a retail/non-custom glove these are amazing. Light, protective, and very mobile in all aspects. I haven't owned a glove before that I wanted to keep, but now I do. These gloves are durable, protective, lightweight, and look good. I really enjoy wearing and using these gloves. My only gripe is that they do not breath well. I often find my hand sweating and hot when using these gloves. However, they do not retain moisture for very long and up drying out pretty quick. Not a huge issue, but I do find myself taking them off inbetween periods to allow my hands to cool off. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with these gloves.