Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SEagle30

Bauer Elite vs One80

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new pair of skates. I went to my local shop and found the size and width I need. Only question is whether to get the Bauer Elite or the One80. Is there a big difference in the boot construction or anything? I really like how the Elite felt, so if the One80 is relatively the same I'd like to save a little money in getting the One80. Any suggestions?

The One80 and the Elite are fairly similar when you look up the Bauer goal skate line. If fit is the same, I'd probably go with the One80 to save money...it's on clearance mostly everywhere. Every review I've read says the One80 is one of the best skates out there and the couple reviews I've read prefer the flex tendon guard on the One80 than the stiffer one on the elite.

I just got a pair of One80's, I came from Graf 550's. I have always skated in Graf's and loved them, though they do sit lower then then One80's. I found a great deal on the One80's however so I'm giving them a try. I must say I only have 2 full sessions on them, not even broken in yet and I dont miss my Graf's. I get a much better bite, can really get a low stance. Minor soreness in my feet, however my Grafs were used and well broken in. Might look into some insoles but I love'm. Took a few hard slappers off the toe, felt nothing. Good luck if you go with them.

So due to some defective skates...I'm back in the market and ended up in the same boat as you. Turns out that the Bauer Performance (lowest model) is comparable to the One80 (minus the Vertexx cowling). So the Elite is actually more like the current One100s. I'm actually going to try to purchase the Performance skates soon to replace my One60s.

I still think the One80s are the better buy though...unfortunately I can't find any in my size.