Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaysakic8

Best Wheels/Wheel Combination

Setting up some new skates and never really messed around with wheels. I have always played 76A wheels. Anyone got thoughts or advice on combinations of different hardness such as 76A, 76A, 74A, 74A...or something like that on each skate. Also any advice on good wheels that play well and have decent durability?

Rink Rat splits are my favorite wheel. They grip as well as the 74a millenniums I had, yet are much more predictable. They wear very well too, better then 74a and 76a millenniums. How much do you weigh? Weight is pretty important while deciding on wheels.

I have tried Rink Rat Hornets, Labeda Addictions, millenniums, Gripper's and various others. But for sportcourt, I prefer the Revision Variant's. I am about 175lbs, and I use Golds on the front and back, with Bronze on the 2nd and 3rd positions. Check out the Wheel Matrix under the TECH menu on their website for grip combinations.

As well as weight, the other important factor is what kind of surface you are playing on. Plastic tiles, sports court, ice court, wood, urethane, concrete etc have different requirements when considering a wheel setup.

That wheel matrix thing is just what I am looking for. I play on the plastic tile court now. I think I am gonna try that 74A, 76A, 76A, 74A combo. Thanks everyone.