Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leafs1967

Itech 1400 youth mask will a junior cage fit it

Hi my son has the itech 1400 youth spiderman mask and the cage has quite a dent in it where he took a puck to it. Am looking to swap the cage out. But can't seem to find a youth cag anywhere. Does the youth mask take the same size cage as the 1400 junior mask.

I'm really not trying to be a dick here... throw that mask in the garbage and get him a properly-fitted standard player helmet and cage, preferably with VN foam and a relatively thick plastic shell (eg. Reebok 4K, Bauer 4500). There is no point spending money to replace the cage on a mask that is so dangerously unprotective. I wouldn't advise using it for street hockey with a tennis ball.

Hi my son has the itech 1400 youth spiderman mask and the cage has quite a dent in it where he took a puck to it. Am looking to swap the cage out. But can't seem to find a youth cag anywhere. Does the youth mask take the same size cage as the 1400 junior mask.

I know nothing about the actual mask(Law Goalie is pretty much a pro, though), but goalie monkey has the exact mask/cage on clearance for 50 bucks right now. Unless you find a good deal on a clearance cage, it would seriously be cheaper to replace the entire mask(if he's dead set on that mask) than just the cage. Honestly, unless the "dent" is ridiculous, if he sticks with goalie he will probably outgrow the mask soon anyway.

My only concern with using a dented cage - whether it's on a player helmet or a goalie mask - is that the bent bar is weaker and more prone to breaking once it has been bent. The kid probably will outgrow it, but heads grow more slowly than the rest of the body.

Whatever you do, NEVER bend a bent wire back to its original position. Bending it back again only weakens the wire further, and by putting it in its original position, you expose it to more impacts. Bending a wire back is a sure-fire way to end up with a piece of metal in your eye.

Whatever you do, NEVER bend a bent wire back to its original position. Bending it back again only weakens the wire further, and by putting it in its original position, you expose it to more impacts. Bending a wire back is a sure-fire way to end up with a piece of metal in your eye.

Agreed.