Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alex8337

Need girdle and pants, what size? and brand suggestions?

Hi all,

Just wondering what size girdle and pants I should get. I'd like a reasonably tight fit for the girdle but loose fit for the pants.

Just below the ribs I'm,

39" if I suck it in, 41" if I let it out

Around the belt line I'm,

40" if I suck it in, 41" if I let it out

Each thigh is 27" around.

From the belt line to the ground

41 or 42"

What do you recommend?

I was thinking this girdle and these pants but I'm not sure

I would spend more money on the girdle and less on the pants. The protection will come in handy with the inevitable falls and subsequent tears to your nice pants. Full disclosure: I have the csx girdle, and while it does the job adequately I am looking to upgrade. I feel I will eventually need more protection from my girdle.

Hockeytron has 30% off the Valken pants and girdles today. I use the Valken Pro and the V-Elite girdle and like them both. The V-Pro pants are very durable, breathable and flexible, but are a little heavier than other pants. The V-Elite girdle is very mobile and is also the most ventilated girdle I've used, however; I had to have most of the seams at the top resewn after a few months of use as the original stiching wasn't strong enough - after the restitching they're great though.

I wound up buying the Tour Spartan pro pants. This old thread helped with my decision on sizing and they look very durable for the price. The design isnt over the top either which is good.

I also bought the Reebok 5k girdle. Partly because they're so cheap but the #1 reason was because the big online hockey websites wont send Bauer/Mission/Easton products to Australia (because they're sold here for 2, sometimes 3 times the price).

also bought the Tour Grunt RTX5 padded shirt. The scrim practice/game we play at my local rink is really casual so my full set of armor (shoulder pads) is a bit over the top.

5x Rocket pucks

10x assorted Revision axis 'multi surface' 78a wheels (about 8x3hr sessions and my Labeda addiction xxx's 76a's are cracking because I'm 110kgs/242lbs)

I'll write up my first impressions of them when they arrive in a few weeks.

I'd also like to have one final whinge about Bauer/Mission/Easton... If they wont let the big stores ship to Australia (but eBay shops will) then they should atleast try to be competitive with the Australian shops VS American shops.

Twice the price in AU (plus postage price considered) is just ridiculous and I've bought a different brand because of it. I would have spent the money in Aus if the prices weren't so insane in comparison to US/CA.

hope you have a cold rink because those padded shirts are HOT. i only wear mine for pickup games on ice. too hot for inline even in air conditioned rinks imo.

Having reread your initial post more carefully, I think you made a great decision on the pants. The Tour Spartan pants are a great buy at the price IW has them for with nice specs and are the looser cut you were seeking.

I'm not sure that 5K girdle will be tight like you wanted since it has a knit mesh shell instead of the tighter lycra compression material other girdles use.

• In the RBK line the 9K and 11K girldes use compression material, but are on the pricey side.
  • Tour has the 70BX and 90BX girldles with Lycra (50BX does not use lycra and is similar to the 5K).
  • Alkali has the CA5 and CA9 that also offer a tighter compression fit and look very streamlined.
  • The Valken V-Elite also uses lycra (the V-Lite does not and is similar to the 5K in materials and construction) - I recommended the V-Elite because when it's on sale for 30% off at Hockeytron it's only $35 (reg $49.99) which is barely more than something like the CSX or 5K, but offers the compression fit and more protection (Hockeytron has the Valken products for 30% on a fairly regular basis).
  • The Mission Thorax girdles also offer a compression fit and very good protection for rollerhockey. (The CSX is similar to the 5K)
  • The G-Form shorts (and possibly shirt) also look very interesting for roller hockey (shorts and possibly elbows could work well for refs in ice/roller as well). I don't have any experience with these and they aren't cheap, but there are some good threads/reviews on the product on this site.

I know you already placed your order so I hope you enjoy the 5K, but I'm not sure if it'll be exactly what you're looking for - the 5K also won't be as protective as in some of the higher end models that use lycra/compression materials and higher density padding.

I've been happy with my Revision Variant wheels, but have no experience with the Axis wheels.

Thanks for your reply Althoma, the prices had a big sway in my choice though.

Armidale NSW gets down to about -15c at night with a max of about 12c in winter (its winter now) so the padded shirt should be usable for about another month or so. Probably should have spent the padded shirt money on better Rebok girdle though.

Each piece I got was around $40, when you include the wheels and pucks the total almost hit 200, postage rounded it up to 280.

So even though I'd love to get the more expensive gear, being 'down under' sends the prices sky high.

Better than what they offer here though, the base model pants alone are $60-100 and pucks are $20ea not including postage.