Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hip check

London Knights unbeaten record

So they beat the CHL record with a 0-0 tie. Then win again in their next game after spotting Kitchener a 3-0 lead.

With four or five players out of the line-up for the WJC, it could be tough to keep it going.

Most other teams will be missing top players as well. I heard Svret and Perry are both in tough to make Team Canada, but hope they do well if they are there. I still think the streak is tainted, Guelph basically scored, but the red blew the whistle. That's not getting much play, but its cool to see a team as powerful as they are.

Their goalie is playing pretty well too, Gerald Coleman, he is the first player that was ever drafted out of the inner city developement league the NHL started with Willie O'Ree.

Eazy..isn't Corey Perry one of the OHL elite? Somehow, this was rigged by Sutter but as long they win it'll be fine. But, way to go London!

To be honest I don't watch alot of London games, I've seen maybe 3, but Perry is at the top in scoring. There's a few guys at the top of league scoring that weren't invited.

You've got to wonder what Colemans numbers would be like playing in another place, but he does look very solid. They were basically splitting the two goalies until he stepped up. I tend to watch the goalie stats closely, and his numbers are incredible. Ontop of that they don't seem to jump at all.

I still think the streak is tainted, Guelph basically scored, but the red blew the whistle.

Eazy - how is it tainted? Because the ref stopped play? He probably missed a penalty in the game, too.

I basically scored once - but it went over the net. ;)

The goalies have been steady and dependable for the Knights. They make the saves when they need to, and let the boys play in the other end of the rink without worrying about a soft goal.

Colemans on fallen down in a pile while the puck is between the players legs at the hash marks for a one-timer. Coleman has NO chance of getting up and across, the puck was out of the scrum. They miss calls, but this was a goal. Thats like blowing this whistle on an empty net breakaway.

You're right though, Coleman, and even the other guy have stepped up.

The Knights will do fine, they play a great team game and almost never give up an odd man rush and Coleman fills the net really well. I would not be suprised to see them have the first ever undefeated season in the CHL. If you live near a city with an OHL team, I highly suggest getting a ticket...but wait until Corey Perry returns from the WJC.

Colemans on fallen down in a pile while the puck is between the players legs at the hash marks for a one-timer. Coleman has NO chance of getting up and across, the puck was out of the scrum. They miss calls, but this was a goal. Thats like blowing this whistle on an empty net breakaway.

You're right though, Coleman, and even the other guy have stepped up.

just so you kno..when you say he had no chance of stopping it.. Although play was over and the player eezed up on the shot, he still made the save...so saying he had no chance of stopping it isn't completely true.

I watched the game, the player didn't even shoot it on net, he just redirected it. There's no doubt in my mind, that would've ended the streak. Conversely the PP they were on was a TERRIBLE call, which may have been cause for the quick whistle.

Sudbury was missing 5 players because of a line brawl as well, but I cannot imagine them matching upto the 3 London was missing. It's kind've crappy to have them lose missing some stars. The D on Canada (I don't want to attempt to spell it) was logging major minutes for London.

Looks like they are back on track now that Perry, Syvret and Schremp are back with the team. Those three alone had the goals to beat Windsor last night. Perry 1, Syvret 1 and Schremp had 2 in a 5 - 2 win. On a side note Perry and Syvret have not lost a game since they lost to Guelph in the western finals last year.

Looks like the Knights just got stronger by getting Dan Fritsche at the trade deadline. This team is going to be tough to beat in the Memorial Cup.