Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
retroXvertigo

Cascade M11 Pro Helmet

Fit

After getting fed up with the EPP foam inserts in my Bauer 7500 moving around and having glue stuck in my hair every night, I decided to buy a new lid.

Protection

The main selling point of this helmet. The Messier Project was started to reduce head injuries in the sport. Rather than the typical foam guts, The M11 has what Cascade calls it's "Seven Technology" which places groups of cylindrical cells to "absorb impact through lateral displacement". It also claims to outperform EPP foam by 26% better than EPP foams on 1st impact, 107% better than EPP foams on 2nd impact and 140% better than EPP foams on 3rd impact.

Shell is a one piece design with fit adjustment in the rear.

I've had my bell rung a few times and this bucket has been great.

10/10

Weight

Seems to be about average as far as weight goes. Not super light. I use a cage, so that adds a deal of weight there. I can't speak for the weight of the Cascade cage as I just moved my Bauer cage over.

8/10

Durability

Been using it for 3 months now a few times a week. No issues at all thus far.

10/10

Intangibles

This helmet is on the more expensive side. I for one have never had an issue paying for safety. We all have to go to work the next day (Unfortunately)

Custom colors are also available if that blows your skirt up.

Conclusion

This is a well made very protective helmet. Pony up and replace your cruddy old helmet that all the foam is falling out of.

9.5/10