Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vet88

Best wheels for ultra grippy surface?

Looking for some advise. What is the best wheel you have found for an ultra grippy surface in terms of grip AND durability (splits and addictions have too much grip and don't last)? Skating on a urethane covered floor and currently using a generic 82A wheel but even this is starting to peel after only a few skates on the surface.

Tried Bronze and found they wore to quickly, turned into a pointy shaped wheel really quick even though I rotated them almost daily. Will have another look at the steels but at 78A I was wondering if they aren't hard enough given the 76A Bronze disappeared fast.

Anyone tried the Tron range, like the Mega 82A's?

Never seen a urethane coated floor, but I would give the Steels a shot!

4 layers of the stuff, poured onto a concrete base. Grippiest surface I have ever been on, you either love it or hate it, no half measures. I'm in the hate it camp, they should have put down sport court tiles. I'm going to try some old wheels in which the grip has gone out of them, see how they perform.

i'm not familiar with the surface, but based on your description, i would stick to a single pour wheel with durometer to your liking based on the grip you require. labeeda asphalts? and if you need more grip, labeeda gripper yellow/medium?

I hadn't considered the merits of a single pour. I've tried some rink rat x grip in the middle 2 wheels and they seem to be going ok (durability wise), even with these and 82A's front and back the grip is still insane, stopping is more like a jack hammer going thru the legs as opposed to a smooth slide.