Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

henryb

Revolt vs Inhaler

I was considering looking at these two top of the line Mission skates. Wondering if anyone has had experience with them that you could share?

From what I can see the the Inhaler has vents on the toe box and the side panels, where some air flow could pass. The Revolt certainly wins hands down in the sharp dressed man contest. And from what I can see a bit better ventilation in the tongue... Hard to say!

The other big deal... Is just that, I can get the Revolt for around $480, but the Inhaler still being new will cost $650 or more. Any other notable differences, I would be grateful to hear back from you.

I was considering looking at these two top of the line Mission skates. Wondering if anyone has had experience with them that you could share?

From what I can see the the Inhaler has vents on the toe box and the side panels, where some air flow could pass. The Revolt certainly wins hands down in the sharp dressed man contest. And from what I can see a bit better ventilation in the tongue... Hard to say!

The other big deal... Is just that, I can get the Revolt for around $480, but the Inhaler still being new will cost $650 or more. Any other notable differences, I would be grateful to hear back from you.

I see that you're used to the vapor line, are you comfortable with the mission fit? bigger volume and all, stance is a little less aggressive as well FWIW.

I don't see many differences except for that toe cap between the ac1 the T10 and I'd go even further, get the T9, they are basically the t10 only black. and you save something like 80$.

I see that you're used to the vapor line, are you comfortable with the mission fit? bigger volume and all, stance is a little less aggressive as well FWIW.

I don't see many differences except for that toe cap between the ac1 the T10 and I'd go even further, get the T9, they are basically the t10 only black. and you save something like 80$.

Actually, the skates are for my son (just don't mention it to him... it's going to be a surprise!!!). He is also skating in a Vapor, but an RX-20 which only come in R width, he just squeezes into those, so I thought a Mission with a bit bigger volume might be a better fit for him.

Nice tip about the T9, I thought they were a step down, but maybe you're right? Will certainly take a look at those!

They are essentially the same skate with a different look, and a bit different tongue.

They both have mag a chassis on them (although i assume you will be putting some new sprungs that are in the mail on them haha :p) and they both have full carbon composite outsoles plus they have the basically the exact same liners, and memory foam ankle pads.

The t10's tongue has more perforated holes in it for ventilation but the t9 has lots of perforations in the tongue aswell. I went with the t9s as i prefer the blacked out look to the white look. Both were top of the line skates t9 = 2010 and the t10 was just a new look for 2011 while they continued to make the t9.

On my t9s, the comfort is great, and the stiffness is unbelievable. The skate feels so responsive, plus its incredibly light. Cant go wrong either way in my mind.

Hey Kyle, thanks for the round up summary. And you are absolutely right about the Sprungs... That's where they will be going!

It sounds like they are both fairly similar, so basically it comes down to which pair I can find in the right size locally for the best price. I will let you know what I find... However, I do have a line on a Revolt, but we will see if anything else pops up.

Inhaler = 2012 Axiom line. Theyre pretty much the same except a few different details (ie vents in the boot and cut away chassis) the materials used might be a little different. With mission you have to keep in mind they tend to keep them same foundation per skate and just tweek and few things.

They are both going to have the same fit, its mainly going to be looks. Like what was stated before, new vents in toe and side panel. and slightly different tongue.

From what i know, the Missions were the last design that they had in the tank form the pre-Bauer days.

The Inhaler now is a 100% Bauer designed skate.

*Edit, I should say 100% designed under Bauer*

Thanks for all the feedback, I was fortunate enough to find a pair of Revolt's online, just slightly used for a great price. They key was they were the right size.

They should arrive next week, then I will convert them over to the new set of Sprung A7's (thx Kyle). I will post up photos on the conversion thread.

Well they finally arrived this week. Mission Axiom T-10 Revolt, size 9.5D. They were used for one season. Some small signs of wear, a few scuff's on the nylon quarters and some nicks on the clear plastic side bumpers up near the toe, but from what I have seen, it looks like these were hardly ever used! Take a look at the high res photo on the link listed below (please note this is a big pic).

https://dl.dropbox.c...97/IMG_0692.JPG

Ya I think my son likes them!!! We played back to back games today, he got 3G, 3A in the first game and 5G, 2A in the second game!

Ya I think my son likes them!!! We played back to back games today, he got 3G, 3A in the first game and 5G, 2A in the second game!

looks like it was a great xmas for him! awesome skates!!!

Tell him he's made two dads happy.

Tell him he's made two dads happy.

Ya, it was a good day all round, I only reported on his scoring glory, I didn't mention that I also racked up 7 points (3G 4A) across those two games as well! Not to mention we beat the 1st place team (Sorry Anthony! :-).

Ya, it was a good day all round, I only reported on his scoring glory, I didn't mention that I also racked up 7 points (3G 4A) across those two games as well! Not to mention we beat the 1st place team (Sorry Anthony! :-).

To be honest I didn't notice the skates during the game, but I did notice your son scoring a pile of goals (your teams first 5 and then assisting on the last couple). The skates do look great in the pictures though and there obviously weren't any performance issues.

As far as the loss goes, I'm not too worried about it. It was a good competitive clean game and I'd rather take the loss now in the regular season than have my team roll over everyone during the regular season, get over confident, and then lose in the playoffs.

Yep, we've seen that scenario all too often... battle through the regular season unbeaten , only to lose in the first round of the playoffs! So I guess you guys are safe now!!! :-) Anyways, we always have good clean games with you... always great fun.

And back on topic, I'm hoping the new blades boost my sons performance every week! :-)