Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
highslot84

Warrior Franchise Senior Elbow Pads

Background – 5’ 9” – 155 lbs.

On Ice – 1-3 times a week.

Warrior Franchise Elbow Pads – Sr Small

May 2012 - Present

Let’s face it, your wrists, and lower forearms can take a serious beating in Adult League Hockey, or any level of hockey period. The hacks, slashes, and hooks can take a toll on you. Finding the right protection for those of us not able to find some Jofa Pro Stock at a reasonable price can be never ending. I noticed that the Warrior Franchise Elbows were on clearance at my LHS. Uprgrading from my Nike Bauer Vapor 25’s, I believe are the most protective elbows you can find outside of the Pro Stock world.

Fit

Being a closeout item, sizing was tough to find. I stuck with a Sr. Small size and they fit in the elbow and forearm well but still leave enough of the wrist area exposed to make me think that Sr Medium would fit better. I think a Sr. Medium would be a little too loose but might offer the added protection at the wrist. LOVE the gel grip in the elbow cup as with my Bauer base gear it doesn’t move until I take it off. 9/10

Protection

I have played roughly 40 games now in these pads and they have taken a few slashes to the arm and falls that I landed directly on my elbows. No bruising or pain. Perfect protection where provided. 10/10

Weight

These elbow pads have a bit more bulk to them than my older NB Vapor 25’s but are super light and from right out of the bag they’re awesome. No extra weight noticed and no break in time needed. 10/10

Durability

surprisingly, the durability is the biggest flaw I have with these elbow pads. I noticed that after about 2 games the stitching on the elbow wrap was coming out. It does not affect anything with the pad and they stay glued to your elbow until they’re removed, maybe just bad thread? After 6 months stitching is still holding strong. Could be repaired but not required. 8/10

Conclusion

I love these Elbow Pads. I was interested in checking out the Nexus 1000 Elbow Pads when they came out but with the lowered price on the Clearance rack, these seemed like a no brainer. They fit great with any glove I wear, had no break in period and offer more protection at no additional weight or mobility issues. The 'Silver Shield' keeps the pad dry throughout the game/day. Hopefully, they're not discontinuing these pads because they are unbeatable IMO at the retail level. Overall 9.25/10