Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Sport Sense

Just got a bottle of Sport Sense in the mail today. I wasn't able to bring a sample back from Vegas but Vicki was willing to send me a bottle to test and review. Fortunately, I left my gear in the back of my car since my game on Monday night and I'm able to give the spray a little bit of a workout.

It has a vaguely antiseptic smell, but not bad in any way. After a couple hours I am sitting on the other side of the room and not noticing any smell at all. I'm really impressed with it so far, I'll get a little deeper into it in the next installment.

I gave the sport sense a good test last weekend. I had a game on Thursday night, left it in my car and drive to Detroit on Friday, left my gear in the car overnight, played Saturday, left my gear in the car overnight, drove home and then played in a game on Sunday night. Three games, three nights in the bag and 16 hours in the back of my car in four days. I took the stuff out, sprayed it lightly and put it on the rack in my basement (15 feet from my computer) and never smelled the gear once over the last week. I did put on my gloves when I was taking the pics for a question about Winwell gloves and noticed a slight aroma, so I sprayed them again and have not noticed anything since then.

We had a game canceled and with the holiday break we had almost a full month off. I left my gear in a bag for well over a week and noticed that the smell was not nearly as bad as it had been in the past. a light spritz and everything was fine. Since my gear rack is also in the same room as my computer, I spend a lot of time 20' or so from my gear. Never once during the last month did I notice any smell at all. In fact, I would have to have my nose nearly touching the material before I noticed any smell at all from my gear. I am very impressed with the product.

I am becoming more and more impressed with this stuff every time I use it. It is effective in small amounts and has a pleasant smell of its own without being overbearing. Unfortunately, I am developing a bad habit of leaving stuff in my bag for a couple days after a game because I know it isn't going to stink once I spray it.