Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

2012 Magnesium Vanguard Frame (Inhaler) vs. Previous Magnesium Frame

I was just wondering if Mission reduced the weight of the frame, and if so, by how much? Trying to see if it is worth purchasing the new frame over the old one.

agreed, considering the weight of the wheels & bearings, the weight change from alluminium to magnesium is like choosing lighter laces...

I second that... Certainly the inhaler version of the chassis is lighter, but by so little you would never notice. The weight is all in the wheels and bearings! I wonder if anyone is going to design those products to be lighter?

i would think thats part of the design behind the addictions. more plastic core is lighter than rubber in those areas. seems like the addictions would be lighter than splits....

hmmm... an interesting theory to test. more on this soon.

Maybe a an once or two difference at best. The 'cut aways' on the new frames look nice and light, but once you actually consider the actual amount of material taken out and the weight associated with it. It's not much.