Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clarko_99

Switching from an RS2 to Bauer

Hi All,

Looking for some advice as I'm about to restock on a few sticks after breaking 2xRS2's within a few months and generally not being happy with any Easton stick since the S19 days.

I'm a tall D-man, often playing a playmaker role but like to also throw in the odd big slapshot. Puck feel is the most important thing I look for in a stick and I just haven't got to grips with how different the feel is with the blade on the RS range is to the old S19's (which I loved!)

So I'm that fed up with the RS2 (both durability & the dead blade feel) that I don't think I can face buying two more and now looking at the Bauer range. However, I've never used anything but Easton sticks so just thinking through whether I stick with what I know and just be content, not stoked about more RS's/Mako's or do I take a gamble and switch to Bauer.

Have been looking at the Nexus, following some great reviews from team-mates but thought I'd canvas out for opinion here. I have used a Sakic/Hall curve, 100 flex. How does that translate to Bauer?

Do I take the leap and switch? Any thoughts greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Anyways for you to borrow teammate's stick to try out for some inkling on how it would feel? Even if it's in the wrong flex or curve, it's better than nothing.

There are plenty of great options from different manufacturers but to narrow it down to Bauer, don't count out the Supreme series either. Doing a search for Nexus and Supreme on here will yield more than enough info and insight.

In Bauer, you would be looking at a 95 (only certain models) or 102 flex in a P92 curve (Backstrom).

have team mates with some nexus sticks? try them! promise not to spash or take slappers while uaing it and i doubt that youll have a problem. supremes have a little better feel imho.

I have the rs and the nexus and personally like them both. The nexus is a great stick but it also has the softest blade of the bauers. If durability is an issue with you I would wait for the apx 2 because there supposed to have fixed the issue with there blades wearing down quickly.