Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

G-Form Crash shorts

A couple months ago I picked up a pair of the G-From Crash Shorts from JR that didn't fit him and finally got a chance to use them last night. I thought that they would be great for refereeing hockey as they are a very slim fit, yet seem to have protection in all the key areas; tailbone, hips and thighs. For the more aesthetically concerned refs out there, people will not be able to tell that you are wearing pads at all.

The compression style shorts keep everything snug and the padding in place. The padding is applied externally to the pants, so there is no increase in pressure under the pads themselves. The pads are made of Poron, so there shouldn't be any problem with water or moisture getting into them and making them stiffen up over time.

The only negative that I have with them is the lack of a cup pouch, but that is mostly because they were designed for other activities and not specifically for hockey. I will look into trying to put my own pouch on them at some point down the road. I will also try and get some pics up later tonight.