Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosmohtxela

Anyone ever make switch from Rh to Lh stick?

That makes sense. I'm right-handed and I think I will switch from righty to lefty now. I have stickhandling issues and chopping at the puck is one of them. I think getting one of those things in the video that makes it so you can't grip with your bottom hand would be really helpful to learn how to loosely hold the stick with the bottom hand.

That makes sense. I'm right-handed and I think I will switch from righty to lefty now. I have stickhandling issues and chopping at the puck is one of them. I think getting one of those things in the video that makes it so you can't grip with your bottom hand would be really helpful to learn how to loosely hold the stick with the bottom hand.

Again the ability to change depends on how long you've played the game, your discipline, your athletic ability, etc. For me in spite,of the fact that I realize I'm shooting wrong handed, after playing the game for 40ish years shooting one way, change is simply not an option. I'm stuck being a good defensive defenseman and struggling to be adequate offensively every time I have the puck.

Baseball Canada realizes it has a problem on it's hands. They've decided to implement a program to begin switching right handed throwers that bat left over to batting right at introductory and younger ages. They realize once a pattern is ingrained in the brain altering it is difficult.

Again the ability to change depends on how long you've played the game, your discipline, your athletic ability, etc. For me in spite,of the fact that I realize I'm shooting wrong handed, after playing the game for 40ish years shooting one way, change is simply not an option. I'm stuck being a good defensive defenseman and struggling to be adequate offensively every time I have the puck.

Baseball Canada realizes it has a problem on it's hands. They've decided to implement a program to begin switching right handed throwers that bat left over to batting right at introductory and younger ages. They realize once a pattern is ingrained in the brain altering it is difficult.

Why in the world would they do that? There are plenty of pros that do that and vice versa. Oh there is also switch hitting

Switch hitters woulde be one reason the other was to take away a disadvantage that has resulted and been exploited at the higher levels of international play over the years. I haven't played baseball for decades, so this is pretty much based on articles I've read and word of mouth. One or two left handed batters in a lineup is good, Canada has a problem though. Apparently a left handed batter has a tougher time hitting against a left handed pitcher, knowledge that was exploited by opponents. In international play at higher levels with the majority of the Canadian batting lineup batting left, they would wind up facing opponents left handed pitchers. By getting more right handed batters and/or switch hitters into the lineup, baseball Canada thinks they can takeaway this advantage.

but righties have a harder time hitting against righties. they just tend to have higher numbers because there are waaaay more righty pitchers. youre facing righty pitching most of the time. seems silly really, but hey im not a pro baseball coach.