Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM RBZ Skate

Skated in them for the first time yesterday, at CCM's Skills Camp - they brought in dealers from the area.

I laced up my skates (I didn't get my eyelets in time so I just laced it through the hole) with the Med inserts and realized they didn't feel that great once I started walking, so I removed them and put in my custom Superfeet. (I'll try the low version next time)

They ran us through drills, which pretty much killed me, but I am having trouble with the holder - even more than what I had with the APX2. I could barely do crossovers - I couldn't hold them - but I think once again it is the profile I did (11') - I'm going to go back to 9' on both skates. The taller holder makes everything so much quicker and I think that having the longer profile is counterproductive.

Started to get wicked lace bite on top of my ankles, but after I went ahead and relaced them, making them a little bit looser on top, and they were much better after that.

Weight is very good, so is the balance. No major pain after I skated, either, which was a pleasant surprise.

I will give it this - it is the best skate I've ever used from CCM. They really stepped their game up with this boot. It just needs some tweaking in terms of the profile, which I will do before my next skate.