Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

heel lock issue?

alright im currently in bauer xr4 and ive been in them about 7 months and i looked the other day and noticed that my left skate is missing a good amount of liner in the heel pocket. so i can only guess that im shifting around. id their anyway i can tighten the heel lock or do i need to replace my skates??

The Bauer's are fairly narrow in the heel area. So maybe you could insert a pair of Super-feet Yellow footbeds to help with heel lock.

It helps to know the width and shape of your heel to answer this question. Adjusting depth is not always the answer. You might already have a good looking lacing pattern and no lace bite whatsoever. Post some more info about how the skate is fitting aside from the heel issues.

well i do fit in these fairly well good lacing pattern which is why im comused even with a different foot bed it still happens. i do have a narrow heel and a pertruding heel as well

That skate is a straight back skate, meaning there is no heel pocket for your pronounced heel. Whether this is natural or a "Bauer bump" I don't know. So at the back of your skate there really is nothing to keep your heel from sliding up and down and your Achilles is most likely unsupported.