Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sss1987

Superfeet Insoles

Superfeet Yellow:

I thought i would give a quick review for any of those thinking about buying some of these insoles.

Background:

I live in the UK, and purchased a set of these, to be used in my Mission Assassins.
Just for the record, i have played hockey on and off since i was 11 (im now 26). I started up playing hockey again 6-8 weeks ago after a 5 year break-since 2008/9. Suffice to say im a competent skater (and it hasnt taken me too long to get back in to hockey and be comfortable again).

The issue i was having in particular was basically my skates are probably a bit too big. The problem that faces me..is i have a whole size difference between my feet. However i have a feeling this is purely down to the fact one of my big toes is bigger then the other..rather then having a mutant foot. However i digress.. the problem i was having was a slight heel lift when i'm skating. This probably could be resolved by getting a new pair of better fitting skates-ie half a size smaller. However at the moment it isnt financially viable. So i thought i would give the superfeet a go after searching forums about them, and a local hockey shop said to look into them.
At £35 it was easier to try these out..especially with the 60 day money back gaurantee.

When i got them:

When i received them i placed my standard insoles and the superfeet next to each other on the floor for comparison. The difference is stunning. The stock insoles felt as "finisher" to basically put a bit of ergonomic foam on the footbed of the skate to cover the rivets. Whereas the superfeet give the heel a lift and really cup the heel.

I was a bit wary of having to trim the superfeet to size..but i know that cutting the foam neatly can be a pain..however..the foam cut beautifully with a pair of scissors.

I went to training that week (hour long). This difference was amazing.
My heels were locked much better into the skate. The superfeet do reduce a bit of volume inside the skate in the heel area i found..but forefoot was only slighlty reduced..almost neglible.
The superfeet transfer your weight forward a touch. It feels like a much better stance compared to the standard footbed. The rake does help with turning and getting off the line better. Overall i found that the superfeet helped to enhance my skating. They wont magically make you a better skater. But they allow you to feel more confident (maybe it was a placebo effect) but skating felt much more natural (and i think its down to the forward rake).

Now I thought that..maybe the effects i was feeling were possibly a placebo effect. However i had a two hour training last night. The benefits i felt the first time were still evident.

I usually find that after hockey training my old knee injury plays up the next day. I have to say that honestly..i have not felt any pain in my knee. Today is also a much colder day and those are the worst for old pains.

All in all i would recommend these..especially if you have any issues with heel lock. The forward rake helped my overall skating.

The only thing is..although these work for me..they may not work for someone else.. as everyones feet are different. But with the moneyback gaurantee..you havent got much to lose to try them out!

Superfeet get 5 stars from me :)