Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bwhockey17

Warrior Dynasty (Original)

Stick: Warrior Dynasty
Flex: 85

Curve: Kopitar

Player: 5'10, 145 lbs, 3-4 times a week (2-3 games, 1 practice)

Playing Style: Playmaking forward with a knack for scoring in in-tight areas, I rely on a quick release and accuracy.

Shaft/Flex: The shaft had a great feel in my hands, as the shape wasn't too boxy, nor too round. The little "niches" helped with the grip somewhat, but took a while to get used to. It did seem a tad stiffer than 85 flex, but my shots were pretty good with this stick.

7/10

Blade/Puck Feel: This blade was one of the best things (at least in my opinion) about this stick. I could feel the puck on the blade, and it wasn't very "pingy" like many of the new OPS's on the market. In addition, catching passes was golden as the puck seemed to just stick on the blade. The only complaint I have is about the durability, as after about 3 weeks a crack appeared on the heel of the stick. Researched, and it was a well-known problem.

9/10

Weight/Balance: This is a pretty light stick, a tad blade heavy and definitely not in the class of the APX or the new AX1, but nontheless it was not too heavy and not too light.

9/10

Shooting:.Shooting was great. The mid-kick (in my opinion) suited my style better than the Widow's low-kick (at PHL, I kept going BD with the Dynasty, and Bar-north with the Widow - it's really just a matter of getting used to the kickpoint though). Clappers and snappers were great, and my wristers had a few extra MPH on them.

9/10

Durability: This is perhaps the only downfall of the stick. I noticed at the hosel (the part where the shaft and blade are fused) a lot of composite was splintering, and of course the blade cracked after week 3. That being said, I was still able to play with it despite all these nicks and bruises.

7/10

Overall: One of the better sticks I've owned over the past years. I do have to say, I liked the 75s and the s19 a bit better (most likely due to the eliptical taper), however I despised the durability on each of those sticks. The Dynasty was a solid jack-of-all trades stick. I did also notice my backhand sauce was a lot better than I remembered it to be.. Very stick, well worth the $99 sale price I got it for!

8.5/10

Edited by bwhockey17